• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Thats us at 20/1" but I just hope its not that grainy stuff and if it is then all bets are off for 2ft totals so we'll see, as I think the temps came up enough, to put us in the sweet spot as far as ratios are concerned.

This one will be a hard one to measure with all the wind. I think folks 10-20 inland from the lake with get the greatest accumulations. 

3 minutes ago, vortmax said:

This one will be a hard one to measure with all the wind. I think folks 10-20 inland from the lake with get the greatest accumulations. 

I can't see KBUF upgradeing the 4 counties bordering the South Shore to Blizzard Warnings, but I don't think Oswego will be included but we'll see.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

I know we have to get through this event...but what in the world is going on with Euro op run from hour 144-240?  I don't know whether to be amazed at what it's showing or afraid...

If the lakes still open then which is kind of doubtful after all this incoming cold, we’d be buried alive. Perfect SW flow with -30C 850s! 

16 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Tomorrow evening, after say 7:00PM when everyone is inside except the sicko's going to the Dome to see the Cuse play as they may in fact be stuck sleeping in the dome, lol!  I would laugh my azz off if that ever happened, lol!

SU game is 2pm. I was thinking about going but going to hit golf balls indoors in DeWitt instead in the a.m.

KBGM mentioned ratios of 12:1 to 18:1.

Another thing...due to the partial govt shutdown...NWS Mets are apparently not getting paid.  Try to keep that in mind when ripping them this weekend.  It's one thing to be a weenie towards paid professionals.  But unpaid...gotta cut some slack and maybe thank them for hanging in there. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Tomorrow evening, after say 7:00PM when everyone is inside except the sicko's going to the Dome to see the Cuse play as they may in fact be stuck sleeping in the dome, lol!  I would laugh my azz off if that ever happened, lol!

There’s a chance, albeit small, that they might have to deflate the dome to prevent it from being damaged by the heavy snow load. That hasn’t happened in a while. 

4 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

If the lakes still open then which is kind of doubtful after all this incoming cold, we’d be buried alive. Perfect SW flow with -30C 850s! 

While Erie isn't crazy deep like the other lakes but it's still 200 feet deep out by long point and while a lot of the western parts will ice up pretty fast it takes a awhile longer to freeze the eastern side in the higher depth parts. 

erieice.jpg

5 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Funny the FV3 was showing this extreme cold setup for us DAYS ago... and everyone wrote it off...
9e0a52a12dfbe7d95a8a549b652ad5d2.jpg

Now we have support from the euro...
2cd94063841868db69fa538186f0941a.jpg

If FV3 verifies this weekend it earns some major street credit in my eyes...

UFO action on the Euro...or maybe the eye of Sauran? 

• Haha 1

Great answer to my question lescnyfreak...got another ? for ya my man...ok so if you looked back on this forum page 12 it shows  a picture of the ukmet precip totals... That sliver of yellow of more then 1+ precip extends from  a big portion of eastern NY (albany area) westward to include our area ...my question is  how did the northward trend of the low pressure adjusting the snow amounts westward...i am for some reason thinking that they would be adjusted northward but like north as is north of Albany not extending westward like they are..is this verifies it really does look like we would get a direct hit and be in the bullseye if i stand corrected..let me know thoughts boys