• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Its definitely digging more and building heights out in front much better than most guidance was showing so thats a good thing.  I was hoping as this thing reaches the Lee side of the Rockies and starts Cyclogenesis that most guidance will pick up on the strength of this monster.  The GOMEX is WIDE open for business and the water down there is practically still HOT for this timw of year!

Just now, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Whats up George, its been a while hope all is well and here's to a nice event!

Not much....Just super busy personal life!!!

Yes, nice event....not quite a blockbuster.....and LOL, you referring this to a "monster".....the baroclinicity, and some impressive jet dynamics will be the driver of our impressive rates Sat. night...but from a SLP aspect....a 995mb SLP is not a monster "LOL"!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LakeEffectKing said:

I assume some downsloping, along with distance from the storm and some models indicating some banding...

Agreed, as I mentioned that yesterday!  I know its not a monster, lol, as I've been in a few Monsters, lol, and this will not be one of them, but still a noice SWFE for sure!

The further East this event heads the further the winds will veer from what were suposed to be NE, are now NNW veering to NW then perhaps WNW for a time but with virtually no moisture to work with so that sucks!

Yeah, LES behind this system will suck....short fetch, dry air, and shitty snow-growth....our storm is OVER, from a snowfall standpoint, from 21z Sunday on....windy with blowing and drifting???....Sure.

• Like 1

06Z RGEM is so nice as it resembles the EURO to a T and a RGEM-EURO combo 24hrs from an event is quite deadly if you ask me so everyone can step away from the ledge until 11AM, lol!

image.thumb.png.6ffa32f7fbbc4a081295c2145a5b4d29.png

Agreed. Which is why I remain pretty bullish on the storm with a large swath ending up with 15+

11 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

NWS map to go with the warning this morning... screw job for BUF...
4cf9110a97214069b1c4d2a65cbe1856.jpg

Yeah thats a huge decrease in accumulation projections from just 10 hours ago...basically cut in half for the metro area. However there is a lot of model love this morning and most still show more than that. I'm riding my 10 to 12 inch amount still unless some jog to the south takes moisture with it.

1 hour ago, WesterlyWx said:

Just looked out my window to find grass is totally covered with steady snow falling. nice surprise for sure!

Glad to hear that! Rooting for you, as it has been a tough winter there.

42 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

The further East this event heads the further the winds will veer from what were suposed to be NE, are now NNW veering to NW then perhaps WNW for a time but with virtually no moisture to work with so that sucks!

This has been an awful LES season.

29 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

WIVB in house is going with the Euro and has KBUF at 11" for the storm. Still thinking the NWS has really buckled and gone too low.

EC has 1.2" along south shore. At 15:1 average, that's about 18". KBUF has 10-14" in the WSW. They could bust low, but not a ton. 

The SREF 03 for KROC is something out of a forecasters nightmare. It has an even spread of members from 8-45 inches. Average of 22”. 

BUF always starts WAY high and chips away. ALL the forecasters in our area started way high IMO (except Kevin Williams 8-16).

The NAM could win this. Otherwise, this thing looks a bit better.