• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate/Eastern New York

54 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Just read it...it states just south of metro buffalo from Lackawanna to just west and south of Batavia...well I guess that puts me on the better luck next time middle finger...

I'm in the same boat, lol, as this stupid county needs to be split in to 2, North and South, that simple but no!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

I’m trying to wrap my head around what the sensible weather will look like around here IF the PV somehow deposits itself in the upper GL’ next Tue-Thur. Bitter cold bone dry air with blue skies...bands of lake effect as thermal trofs pinwheel around the lakes...mothers crying in the streets for their babies...Oh the possibilities. 

Don't forget Jim Cantore. He will be there half frozen to interview said mothers.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That is like a piece of space coming and setting up shop over upstate. We will literally have the largest departures of the year anywhere on the globe? 

-40 out in the Dakotas and southern Saskatchewan/Manitoba.  Sh*t gets real when F=C! ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Do any of those analogs mean anything to anyone? Not sure how to look them up. 

I've seen a comparison to '85 and maybe '67? I know the forecasts are not doing a good job with temps for this but I'm feeling a day next week Thursday or Friday that will not get above zero in all areas and the low temp of -21 at KBUF might be in jeopardy. That is also a mean SW flow and I'm really curious of the LES potential.

7 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I've seen a comparison to '85 and maybe '67? I know the forecasts are not doing a good job with temps for this but I'm feeling a day next week Thursday or Friday that will not get above zero in all areas and the low temp of -21 at KBUF might be in jeopardy. That is also a mean SW flow and I'm really curious of the LES potential.

Rice snow for LES in those conditions.  SGZ is underground. ;)

3 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I don't buy it. I think once you get north of the galleria (south of the 90) there will be an inch at best...these bands usually have a sharp cutoff to them and it's pretty cruel!

Yeah this is gonna show up as maybe an inch or two at KBUF. Just as well that the seasonal snowfall numbers will stay low and will more accurately reflect what an awful season this has been for the Niagara Frontier in general.

6 minutes ago, WNash said:

Yeah this is gonna show up as maybe an inch or two at KBUF. Just as well that the seasonal snowfall numbers will stay low and will more accurately reflect what an awful season this has been for the Niagara Frontier in general.

Isn't the Niagara frontier always awful for snow?

• Like 1

I don't buy it. I think once you get north of the galleria (south of the 90) there will be an inch at best...these bands usually have a sharp cutoff to them and it's pretty cruel!

It’s the lake effect “cone of uncertainty”. Probably just to cover them if the band is a tick north of where they are thinking. Yeah the gradient on the northern side is super extreme but that’s where you usually find the most impressive rates so it’s a risk worth taking to ride on that side of the band. 2010 and 2014 it paid off for me but then other times like Jan 2017 we get robbed getting 6” while 2 miles south they get 30”. That’s life in the transition zone!
420673f4dcb4c95f4ea38f5cdc65a303.jpg

• Like 2