• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

We had minor flooding in Roc area. Flipped around 7. Snowed hard for 3 hrs but we don’t have much to show for it. 

On my way to Snow Ridge today. Hoping on a westerly wind. Point and click indicating nuisance stuff....2-4” would be great for skiing. 

Westerly wind...you and me, both, Dave.

• Like 1

West wind is hard to come by, it's really only a 270 vector..

But we can get hit with other wind directions as well..

WSW at 260 vector would be fine, maybe evenr a 280 wnw flow, still new haha Trying to figure out what works and what doesn't..

We will figure this shlt out eventually..lol

• Haha 1

Just now, wolfie09 said:

West wind is hard to come by, it's really only a 270 vector..

But we can get hit with other wind directions as well..

WSW at 260 vector would be fine, maybe evenr a 280 wnw flow, still new haha Trying to figure out what works and what doesn't..

We will figure this shlt out eventually..lol

Yeah, me too. NW and SW are phttt... Get some westerly component in there, and we seem to do better. Get enhancement in there, and we can do great.

But, man, getting a 270 flow seems tough.

• Like 1

I’m trying to wrap my head around what the sensible weather will look like around here IF the PV somehow deposits itself in the upper GL’ next Tue-Thur. Bitter cold bone dry air with blue skies...bands of lake effect as thermal trofs pinwheel around the lakes...mothers crying in the streets for their babies...Oh the possibilities. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

I’m trying to wrap my head around what the sensible weather will look like around here IF the PV somehow deposits itself in the upper GL’ next Tue-Thur. Bitter cold bone dry air with blue skies...bands of lake effect as thermal trofs pinwheel around the lakes...mothers crying in the streets for their babies...Oh the possibilities. 

An easy pass by me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OSUmetstud said:

Tuesday before the cold. 

That has potential warning criteria snowfall. I'm kinda excited about that systems potential. If the EURO is correct (and it has been really consistent with this low placement) then it would put the CWA on the right front quadrant and best lift. I could see a strip of snow of 8 or 10 inches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

9-17” with winter storm warning here 7-14” for buffalo. 40 mph winds, should be exciting last hurrah for Erie. 

Just read it...it states just south of metro buffalo from Lackawanna to just west and south of Batavia...well I guess that puts me on the better luck next time middle finger...

Kinda seen this one coming..

WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM FRIDAY TO 10 AM EST
SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow expected. Total snow
  accumulations of 9 to 17 inches expected in the most
  persistent lake snows. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.

* WHERE...Northern Oswego county toward the Tug Hill Plateau.

* WHEN...From 7 AM Friday to 10 AM EST Saturday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult. The
  hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening
  commute.

Finally a good les band!

East of Lake Erie...A single band should be bisecting Erie County in the evening before slowly crawling a little south toward the Boston Hills. This puts the Southtowns directly under the band with significant impacts for the evening commute. While not an extreme event in terms of duration and storm total amounts, there will still be the potential for 2"/hr snow rates, possibly higher in the early evening. A well aligned flow with a cap near 7500`, together with steep lapse rates and ample moisture should allow a band to maintain it`s strength through the evening. Although models take the band a little further south overnight, the band may end up in a steady- state with impacts remaining in Southern Erie County, far northern sections of Chautauqua, and the extreme northwestern section of Cattaraugus County. There is a possibility that it may miss the Southern Tier entirely and remain in and over Southern Erie County and Western Wyoming County. Details can be found in our snow rate and experimental lake effect polygon graphics online, which snow the highest impact better than words and certainly better than county- based zone areas. Saturday, the band should quickly weaken as flow backs to the south. Storm totals may be anywhere from 6-18" with of course far less outside lake effect areas.

• Like 1