• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, CNY_WX said:

I was wondering the same thing. It looks to be intensifying somewhat on radar. Flake size is actually pretty decent for a change. Maybe we can eke out a couple of fluffy inches. 

That's what I was thinking a well so we'll see.  Did any of the models predict this band, if so, when does it break it up or shall I say move it to the North after the passage of the SW?

The most snow, on my way from Roc to Brantingham, was around Boonville. Looked like 2 feet. Blowing and snowing there. About 18” In Brantingham, not snowing here. Point and click is a bit weak, 5-12 verbatim total- which in BUF speak is 2-4”. 

I sure would like to see a real band! Like I’ve kind of waited my whole life to see a real one. 

3 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

That's what I was thinking a well so we'll see.  Did any of the models predict this band, if so, when does it break it up or shall I say move it to the North after the passage of the SW?

The mesos had a band just south of us at 2Z moving through here around 4Z on it’s way north. They didn’t show a fairly stationary band over us this early. B5084765-E66B-4E40-A354-8752F7986D2E.thumb.png.3341906eba7a5907402f38b7459a1e44.png

Winds are beginning to veer more to the W and eventually WSW but its already beginning to move in response to the incoming SW!  Of course this was too good to be true but if this band we're to stay steady  for 10-12 hrs like most other bands do, we'd havv close to a foot easy but that'll never happen in our lifetimes!

1 minute ago, CNY_WX said:

The mesos had a band just south of us at 2Z moving through here around 4Z on it’s way north. They didn’t show a fairly stationary band over us this early. B5084765-E66B-4E40-A354-8752F7986D2E.thumb.png.3341906eba7a5907402f38b7459a1e44.png

That's not even close to the way this band is current;y orientated because that looks like its connected to GB while this current band is being aided by Huron and not GB so something completely different is transpiring so.....  I still think this becomes chase worthy for sure tomorrow night into Saturday!

NW....SW...NW...NW...NW...SW....NW...NW...We...just kidding! NW........

Wonky stuff going on. At least the Erie band is pretty much a lock give or take a few miles north/south... but boy are the models having a hard time even picking a general flow for your band. Thought the 0z runs would nail it down if anything they look more spread then before.

Just now, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Wonky stuff going on. At least the Erie band is pretty much a lock give or take a few miles north/south... but boy are the models having a hard time even picking a general flow for your band. Thought the 0z runs would nail it down if anything they look more spread then before.

I wonder if I take the 45 minute drive up to Watertown, if I can use my LES shield to push the band down here? :P

II think it is looking more and more like a Jefferson County/North Tug event.