• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MLK Weekend Event - Making Lemonade Out of Lemons

Bob Chill

yeah every one please be safe. this is why I hate when local news/mets saying be dodged a bullet. sure we are not getting as much as we once were. but the roads will still be bad on top of this the flash freeze from everything wet and melting in the areas that have the snow.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I live in this forum’s area and have had drizzle much of the day. Really happy to see the obs from PA. Really warms my heart.

Lol... yep. I have -3 to -4" of snow so far. Snowpack doesnt stand a chance and is getting decimated. Hoping the big pile i made at the end of my driveway survives. That's the only thing I can root for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Lol... yep. I have -3 to -4" of snow so far. Snowpack doesnt stand a chance and is getting decimated. Hoping the big pile i made at the end of my driveway survives. That's the only thing I can root for.

I still don't know man i just got home and the snowpack is fighting the good fight 

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I have .2 of sleet here. This stuff is going to turn into concrete tomorrow night. Snow pack is holding on strong though. 

Nothing but rain here.  Went to dinner at carrabas and ran into sleet about a mile north of Stephen's city.  Came out of the restaurant and drove up to lowes at about 7pm and it was heavy sleet with some ground coverage.  Drove back home to my 34F rain.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I still don't know man i just got home and the snowpack is fighting the good fight 

I'm most likely going to hit at least the low 40s tomorrow. Maybe 50+. That + high dews and rain = brown and a dirty pile of dog pee covered snow by the street. We're not going below freezing for 18 hours. Christmas 2009 didn't survive so I'm skeptical

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm most likely going to hit at least the low 40s tomorrow. Maybe 50+. That + high dews and rain = brown and a dirty pile of dog pee covered snow by the street. We're not going below freezing for 18 hours. Christmas 2009 didn't survive so I'm skeptical

I’m down to maybe 40% coverage.  It’ll be just piles by noon tomorrow.

My rain gage cracked, so relying on closest PWS:  1.8" so far.  Probably more than my yard, but it figures this is when we jackpot. 

****ing worthless winter.

Just checked other stations and they are in the .7 -.8 range.  Not sure what's up with that 1.8 report, but doesn't seem correct.  Oh, well, this winter is still worthless.

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I hear ya 

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Sterling says in their disco if precip comes in early Wednesday morning could be some freezing rain .

What difference would that make? Lol And it's always an indicator of a futile storm when we gotta say things like "we could get a little on the front end" or "may mix early for north and west burbs"...no consolation prize, lol

• H2O unpinned this topic