Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK Weekend Event - Making Lemonade Out of Lemons

Bob Chill

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Yeah, still clearly isn't there for us, but it's still trending our way for the moment!

It's never looked good for us to it's easy to stomach one way or the other. I won't be staying up for the euro this week. Best case scenario (unless magic happens) would be 2-4" mixed in with a lot of rain. Maybe some sleet or freezing rain but even zr will be challenging for most or all of our area. 30-32 degrees and heavy rain is not a recipe for a substantial zr event. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

It's never looked good for us to it's easy to stomach one way or the other. I won't be staying up for the euro this week. Best case scenario (unless magic happens) would be 2-4" mixed in with a lot of rain. Maybe some sleet or freezing rain but even zr will be challenging for most or all of our area. 30-32 degrees and heavy rain is not a recipe for a substantial zr event. 

I'm fine with a stats padder that gets washed away hours later.  It's what Mid-Atlantic winters are made of!  Some good luck tomorrow night, this weekend, and next week and I could be within spitting distance of climo before the -NAO/09-10 redux arrives at the end of the month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm skeptical that all of the snow gets washed away...I think we always assume that

18 hours of temps in the upper 40s/near 50 and heavy rain will just leave piles I'd think.  

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

My only question about this is the church commute Sunday morning...would we be rain by that time?

Yes.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Exactly my thoughts looking at the Euro op run.  Even areas that stay right around freezing get up to 32/33 sat before the storm.  Great if we have dews in the low teens but dews are in the upper 20's. That is where the handling of the CAD comes into play.  Just lower dews into the lower 20's and its and ice storm for somebody in the western areas.

The EURO is a nasty storm for my area. Never gets above freezing at the surface the entire event. It is interesting because I would think the models will trend even colder as we approach the event. I wonder if the front end thump might not get better as well.
This is the one event I'd prefer Winchester lol
  • Like 2

• H2O unpinned this topic