Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

Looking at hours 66 and 72 intervals...

I'm surprised it's not showing/picking up on the Euro's idea of more N/stream subsume ...  The Euro's now on three runs and counting with impressive phase - as Will pointed out ...it's a little too late for our region to really cash-in on that evolution, but, keeping to point ... the NAM would start to acquiesce to that at some point along the way here and that's not happening yet per this 12z run.

I mentioned this last night ... if the Euro run is right, all these other guidances are going to have to modulate ...not just their system location in space and time, but the profiling of their depictions too... 

There's an interesting model fight going on here folks - 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

NAM actually looks reasonable, never thought I would say that. Makes sense to me overall.

Doesn't look that different from euro. Less qpf though which I actually prob agree with. Usually it's the NAM that has more QPF. 

The BOX products don't make a ton of sense to me. I'm not sure how you forecast up to .5" of ice accretion up to KLWM, yet also forecast up to 18" of snow.

The answer is that you wouldn't. That will be just about all sleet and snow. I'd displace that ice a swath a good 50 mi to the south. I also think that the map is a bit high on snowfall, too.

31 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Besides definitely not wanting it , why do you beleive you escape Frzr on this one, it’s more of a prolonged over-running event . I could see a cf pinned barely to your east and the gulf airmass butting up against your pressing polar high leaving Taunton looking like ice castles , perhaps west side better shot

Over on the NWS side of Taunton/Norton, sure they can pull off prolonged ice, but where I live, not gonna happen.  There is just enough marine influence that makes it into this area compared to across town. 

So this NAM run was positioning transition zones 20 miles N of the previous fixes for that particular parameter handling ... didn't go back further,... but I don't agree with doing that in this situation. 

This is likely going to go off a cliff with my stubbornness but I'm inclined to steadfast my insights and use this as a learning curve if need be - ...in fact, it would be nice to buck the standard model of not being able to drill a feather through an iron wall like the NAM/GFS....etc...  That is, outside of a tornado.   Seriously...I've seen photos of pillow down feathers sticking out of brick walls ... anyway, should the less likely scenario pan out, nice to note the rare circumstance for future reference. 

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I went overall, But yeah, Heaviest rates are in an 18hr window with -SN on both sides from start to finish.

Well that's what I'm saying...it's really a 9-12hr window of heavy here with a few hours on each side. I think the real accumulating snow ends up under the 24hr mark and closer to 18hr. I'm hoping it's done early enough so I can go out and clear some before the Pats game.

Just now, dendrite said:

Well that's what I'm saying...it's really a 9-12hr window of heavy here with a few hours on each side. I think the real accumulating snow ends up under the 24hr mark and closer to 18hr. I'm hoping it's done early enough so I can go out and clear some before the Pats game.

Yeah, I'm thinking of leaving it until monday morning here, I'm suppose to go to a party but doesn't look like that's going to happen, I'm not missing the game, And i have no one coming over, So i may just leave it alone.

25 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Looking at hours 66 and 72 intervals...

I'm surprised it's not showing/picking up on the Euro's idea of more N/stream subsume ...  The Euro's now on three runs and counting with impressive phase - as Will pointed out ...it's a little too late for our region to really cash-in on that evolution, but, keeping to point ... the NAM would start to acquiesce to that at some point along the way here and that's not happening yet per this 12z run.

I mentioned this last night ... if the Euro run is right, all these other guidances are going to have to modulate ...not just their system location in space and time, but the profiling of their depictions too... 

There's an interesting model fight going on here folks - 

I kind of feel as though the EURO maybe trying to pull of a late-bloom blizzard.