• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

I was watching Weather Underground on TWC tonight and they showed how each run of the Euro has been steadily increasing the snow amounts for us.  They said they just upped their forecasted snow amounts after the 18z Euro came in, although their amounts are still probably half of what the 12z Euro shows.  

Just now, dryslot said:

Dead zone no longer dead.

I do sort of miss the allure of the twice a day Euro.  It seems like cheating to get 6z/18z data lol.  Like especially when something crazy happens at 6z or 18z with the American guidance, you'd have to wait till the Euro came out like 6-8 hours later to see if it was real.

• Like 1

I'm trying to remember the last time I got snow followed by ice thick enough to stand upon without breaking the crust. It's been a long time. I have a feeling this may deliver.  I was pretty young the last time we had a big ice storm. I recall playing with my little brother for hours in it, and then, as a dutiful and well-intentioned son, clearing the ice off my dad's new Saab...with a hammer and chisel. Oops.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I do sort of miss the allure of the twice a day Euro.  It seems like cheating to get 6z/18z data lol.  Like especially when something crazy happens at 6z or 18z with the American guidance, you'd have to wait till the Euro came out like 6-8 hours later to see if it was real.

Kind have taken off the shine so to speak, But you still need to get these systems inside the 90 hr mark too on the off hour runs, So from here on in you will have 4 runs of the Euro to look at.

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I'm trying to remember the last time I got snow followed by ice thick enough to stand upon without breaking the crust. It's been a long time. I have a feeling this may deliver.  I was pretty young the last time we had a big ice storm. I recall playing with my little brother for hours in it, and then, as a dutiful and well-intentioned son, clearing the ice off my dad's new Saab...with a hammer and chisel. Oops.

Euro looks like nasty ice down in SW CT.

5 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Lol thats a riot