Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I agree. I'd be very careful about writing off the sig icing potential for northern CT. Plenty of room to wet-bulb are way down. Maybe coastal CT warms into the upper 30's to lower 40's, but I doubt we do in northern CT. At worse we may get a 33 or 34. It's going to be close 

84 straddles the 32 line?

3 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Really wondering if it made sense to cancel plans for tomorrow. All those assurances of no above freezing temps seem to have evaporated for my area. Rain and mid 40's tomorrow? I suppose the crashing temps and freeze up will have to suffice for an excuse.

Gonna be tuff to see 40’s 

38 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

If the general public is still thinking that way they are going to be extremely surprised if these models keep going north. There will be an outcry on social media which is really the thing responsible for having to put out snow maps so early. Once some idiot posts a D7 Euro map that shows 2’ up and down 95, it goes viral and becomes unstoppable, even a week out. 

I thought it was funny last night as the 00z models were coming out showing a lot more warmth that Pete B. said that because of the government shutdown, it’s playing havoc with the models lol. Is there any truth to that? Less balloons being being launched and such?

And keep in mind that were numerous news organizations posting stories and images online days before the storm. It's not just "idiots"  The hype for the storm was everywhere online and offline. They wanted the public to "tune in" and they got the public to do so. 

This is my latest map. I think the thump of snow should be pretty impressive. We should dump hard for a good 3-4 hours I would think and with rates of 1-3''/hour I don't see why we can't accumulate this much. 

Obviously the biggest question is with regards to the freezing rain. I don't think NW of 84 we get into the mid 30's but it's more of a question of do we get to 33-34 or stay more like upper 20's to around 30-31?

2123706126_snowicemap.jpg.b50f5ecf80c16e39a05f40152e900aaa.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This is my latest map. I think the thump of snow should be pretty impressive. We should dump hard for a good 3-4 hours I would think and with rates of 1-3''/hour I don't see why we can't accumulate this much. 

Obviously the biggest question is with regards to the freezing rain. I don't think NW of 84 we get into the mid 30's but it's more of a question of do we get to 33-34 or stay more like upper 20's to around 30-31?

2123706126_snowicemap.jpg.b50f5ecf80c16e39a05f40152e900aaa.jpg

Up to .75 accretion !