Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Check out how cold it is at 850mb for you though. It literally hovers -1c to +1c from BOS to Newburyport. A small change could mean a big bust in that area. Or a bigger fart.

not sure about a bigger fart.. but yeah, I mean i barely get to 1c so it's possible if models trend cooler we do better.. but i believe my floor is 8-9" only can go higher and will be a nowcast thing

Tough one for me.  I live ON the MA/NH border just north of Haverhill.  A bit close to the coast, not quite far enough north to be guaranteed fluffly snow, not far enough south to be fully expecting a mushy mix.  One run I'm in the sweet spot for 12+ the next I'm choking thinking sub 6".....

My area typically does pretty well just north of 495...

My brain is saying 7-8" regardless...anyone in my close vicinity with expectations.?

Meh... his reasoning is likely related to model experience and similar to what Will's been mentioning regarding latent heat flux into the ridge causing faux NW positions at 30 hours lead... 

We may yet see the 20 or 30 mile SE correction down the stretch here - 

not a definite... but not impossible

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s going to blow chunks. Accept

it and look for the improvements. 

Yeah...it got better...that's all you can ask for. It's going to be pure dogshit in the lower 2500 feet so people just need to understand that and ignore that aspect.