Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Surface or not, the NW ticks are concerning if you like snow. Unless you live up north. 

I wish i wouldn't have jinxed it for you guys when i mentioned get this as far SE last night so you can take a couple of NW tics inside 24 hours or so, But this was your fear all along..............:(

Just now, MarkO said:

Still very tough to bet against Harvey. Even last night he wasn't backing down. 

I'm with him...even these NW models are still giving 6-8" for the pike.

But the synoptic setup has me leaning that the WAA is going to have to fight pretty hard to eventually make progress, so I'm hedging a bit colder on the actual outcome and it seems like Harvey is too.  We'll probably get the messenger shuffle inside 24 hours too givne this is not a phased system with an arctic airmass to the north of it.

• Like 2

Again...toss the surface crap aside...

But when talking about a battle wrt midlevels and synoptics, do you want the euro on your side or the NCEP duo? It's hard to toss the euro when it is steadfast for more than one run...especially with how the GFS is performing lately.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm with him...even these NW models are still giving 6-8" for the pike.

But the synoptic setup has me leaning that the WAA is going to have to fight pretty hard to eventually make progress, so I'm hedging a bit colder on the actual outcome and it seems like Harvey is too.  We'll probably get the messenger shuffle inside 24 hours too givne this is not a phased system with an arctic airmass to the north of it.

how similar is this to the storm in November, I seem to remember the models doing this as well...I ended up with 8 inches in that storm