• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

More and more models appear to be hinting at a minor turn as the storm enters the gulf of maine, the turn happens pretty decently offshore so it hasn't impacted precipitate totals yet but I think it's definitely something to look out for in future model runs.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Confluence up north is flexing its muscles so far at 00z.

Looks to me like the Nam backed off on the northern stream a little bit if anything ...

I suspect subtleties about the trough that came off the Pacific ...but who knows. Narrow tolerances is in every direction

1 minute ago, tiger_deF said:

More and more models appear to be hinting at a minor turn as the storm enters the gulf of maine, the turn happens pretty decently offshore so it hasn't impacted precipitate totals yet but I think it's definitely something to look out for in future model runs.

Colder and less snow. Plus it's in and out of here in a flash. 

13 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

00Z NAM Wow!!

FYI, regarding 00Z NAM, recently came across an interesting study that analyzed NAM via Fourier time domain analysis in 156 global data series (essentially discrete events). Where Deutsche ICON and NAM coaligned at h200 within 48 hr instantations, given Z-Scores >0.9 and open channel Froude values <1.0, NAM outperformed power series Z by 0.95, with confidence levels of 0.98!.  (Fg) was assumed constant throughout the column in all instances, as was  the qAv product.  This found NAM thermal and slp placement far superior by 2 SD vs GFS and ECMWF determanistic Kronecker products.  Only 0.5 SD probabalistic with Sigma < 2 however the raw score null set was overly constrained so ...  Bottom line, setup here is perfect to push all your chips to the centre of the table on NAM. Seems crazy,  but true. - SPQR

Sounds like some great analysis.  The only thing I understood was the poker analogy...

• Haha 1