• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

The delayed reaction is how it will go done.
Its not phasing early. That idea, which I always dispelled when by the boards a couple of days ago.

Totally agree. Was responding to Tip raising earlier phase as a possible direction Euro might take. Under 96h, I’d think that would be an uncharacteristically big synoptic change for Euro.

The delayed northern stream infusion, on the other hand, is gaining support.

still a little concerned we see more amped mid/upper lvls while low lvl CAD remains similar .. I'd be wary of going much above 12" really anywhere until modeling is more consistent on the ANA front stuff later on Sunday.

Also, how worried are we about last min NW ticks?  Gulf source region + convection could def pump up downstream ridging ..

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Ran the Genny, snowblower. Cut down a small damaged tree. Go time for full prep tomorrow 

Gas food cash just in case.

Bought a new impeller for my snowblower, installed it, it ran well.......then I just tried it again and something in the gearbox  for the blade axle seized up. Ugh.

• Sad 1

Just now, dendrite said:

Bought a new impeller for my snowblower, installed it, it ran well.......then I just tried it again and something in the gearbox  for the blade axle seized up. Ugh.

Shit, I had that problem in 15. Ended up with a shattered bearing, junked it gave the motor to my bro in law. A stupid question but did you check the belt

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Shit, I had that problem in 15. Ended up with a shattered bearing, junked it gave the motor to my bro in law. A stupid question but did you check the belt

Belt is fine. I'm not junking it though since I already threw $120 into it for the new impeller. Probably the end of the worm shaft or gear worm.

13 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Totally agree. Was responding to Tip raising earlier phase as a possible direction Euro might take. Under 96h, I’d think that would be an uncharacteristically big synoptic change for Euro.

The delayed northern stream infusion, on the other hand, is gaining support.

It would be ...of course... but the model has inched toward sooner... I don't know when the inching stops. 

Frankly, I've been opposed to much phasing all along... I'm sort of speaking from within the framework of forced acceptance that there may be some ...however anomalous that would be in such a compressed/velocity sensitive flow...  

The phasing its self wasn't so much the problem... but the models were off and on with that, prior to being inside the mid range ... Phasing in can happen and just scoot right along...  But at such tiem ranges like four and five days ago, a huge dose of skepticism to believe they could handle such a precision art...  But, here we are .. a couple clicks away from go time and we'll see where the Euro goes on this run.   As we get near and inside the Euro's 5 day window... okay -

• Like 1