• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

Still some decent spread on guidance. I'm still hedging slightly colder but I believe we're getting close to the final solution. Getting inside of 3 days now. Won't be surprised at a tick colder and then a last second bump north after that. 

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

we've been saying that all week...  Is this new to you ?  :) 

I know I get it... you want to see it in the actual model illustration

I mentioned this last night, too.  Its like every run folks are like, "this looks cold" like it's some sort of surprise but it's been hashed out now since Day 9 that yes, this will be cold.  

Even this morning it's like, "that should be cold."  Yup, the Mets on here have been saying that for literally 4 days in a row.  

But even if you know the SFC temps are wrong, I guess just seeing them probably leaves that small doubt.  

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Also 06z Nam much weaker with the SLP 997 mb, 06z Euro, 990mb at the same time frame.

Yea. I mean don’t go nam obv just was pointing how awful gfs is and if nam is tamer with qpf, kind of a small red flag. I think 2FT going to be hard to reach in CNE....

I like 14-20” for jacks in CNE mostly in WMA. 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Still some decent spread on guidance. I'm still hedging slightly colder but I believe we're getting close to the final solution. Getting inside of 3 days now. Won't be surprised at a tick colder and then a last second bump north after that. 

Other then some tics either way, Track has been pretty consistent on most guidance with the uncle still on a 3 day bender.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. I mean don’t go nam obv just was pointing how awful gfs is and if nam is tamer with qpf, kind of a small red flag. I think 2FT going to be hard to reach in CNE....

I like 14-20” for jacks in CNE mostly in WMA. 

If there was some up stream blocking the totals would be prolific for this.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I like RT 2 in Mass for the snow/sleet line at its max.

Yeah that's kind of what I've been thinking. I think those solutions that tickle it into S NH will eventually settle southeast a little. Or I could totally see one of those scenarios where nowcast time comes along and the sleet line is hitting a brick wall and it just never quite makes it as far north as guidance says. There's some competing forces here and it feels weird to hedge colder aloft because usually my instinct from experience is to shove the sleet further north than we think on SW flow..but this is a somewhat different setup...the Arctic high really doesn't get in a better spot even if we drew it up ourselves. It going to provide some resistance...even some of that will be felt at altitude I think. 

Buuut....always some uncertainty...the source region of this system is definitely impressive. That rich gulf moisture will provide a good opponent for the Arctic dome. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I noticed that.  I couldn’t tell whether it was a function of timing but I think the sleet is 20 miles further north at 6Z.   What are your run thoughts on the strong back end dump euro is depicting ?

That’s part of the fraud 5 isn’t it 

strong back end dump. Rarely ever materialize and If it does it is 1-2”