Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, tombo82685 said:

Do you think that could just be a follow up wave along the front if it's strung out?

It's pretty far south for that and it doesn't look THAT strung out by 120. It's admittedly hard to tell everything without seeing the 108 hour panel....but even trying to picture that evolution, I would think that is solidly east of most guidance in between frame.

• Like 1

Just now, sbos_wx said:

There's a massive lack of consensus here. Low confidence in any particular model. Taking a peek at the overall look, I'd have 1-3" at BOS for now, with small chances of reaching 3-6" territory. We'd need massive changes, Miami Dolphins style miracle, for anything different.  

BOS could easily see 6"+....a lot of guidance already gives that to them.

5 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

There's a massive lack of consensus here. Low confidence in any particular model. Taking a peek at the overall look, I'd have 1-3" at BOS for now, with small chances of reaching 3-6" territory. We'd need massive changes, Miami Dolphins style miracle, for anything different.  

I would take the over at Jerry's house.

At Logan, not sure...but mostly due to the guy measuring.  3-6" seems like a good bet for the city proper

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Can't take the Ukie solution too seriously right now. I mean, that's way east of other guidance.

For now, I'm assuming he had a few bloody marys for breakfast to shake off last night's bender.

everything is trending toward the UKIE, there is no phase with the TPV

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

BOS could easily see 6"+....a lot of guidance already gives that to them.

I just don't have the confidence in talking about a number like that yet. Yesterday's ensembles were so far inland. They look better today but would like to see some semblance of consistency. I feel like it could bounce right back north, amped, etc.

8 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

what? 1-3?  seems very low unless the BL torches

Just now, powderfreak said:

Wait, that low on UKMET that's out past the Benchmark gets that much QPF up north?  Something seems fishy (pun maybe?)

It looks like the front stalls around the south coast of New England to get that much QPF in the area, with a low track east of the benchmark, that might be the follow-up wave.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wait, that low on UKMET that's out past the Benchmark gets that much QPF up north?  Something seems fishy (pun maybe?)

If you remember what Will stated, about 36-48 hours before go time you will see precipitation values become much more realitic.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Like i said, I think its the follow up on the front, There is 24hrs between panels, No way if that tracked out there we would not be seeing even that qpf here.