• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

Definitely a juicy system, though I'm a bit skeptical of 2"+ for QPF right now north of the low level warm front. But we've got big time gulf moisture fetch...like basically the entire length of the gulf. So this won't be the type of SWFE that is mostly N stream and gives 0.60-0.70" of QPF...I'd def expect more. We're also riding the WCB longer than a typical SWFE. More like 12-15 hours instead of 6-8 hours.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Definitely a juicy system, though I'm a bit skeptical of 2"+ for QPF right now north of the low level warm front. But we've got big time gulf moisture fetch...like basically the entire length of the gulf. So this won't be the type of SWFE that is mostly N stream and gives 0.60-0.70" of QPF...I'd def expect more. We're also riding the WCB longer than a typical SWFE. More like 12-15 hours instead of 6-8 hours.

Yeah i would tend to label this a hybrid, Not the typical SWFE where you get 8-10" totals with a weenie 12" somewhere, I think we will see totals north of there with a longer duration waiting for the front to clear.

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

NAM looks to be on the right trajectory, if not a bit south.. any worries about suppression still?

Suppression really isn't the problem...  

It's more of a fast flow/compression ...limiting stream interaction... Those key interactions (or not) will have an impact on where event profiles situate -

• Like 1