Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 21-24 Winter Storm Potential

Hoosier

4 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Snowing at a decent rate here in Aurora now. I, too, have my fingers crossed that the rain doesn't intrude too far north tonight. 

same boat as me, hoping to get an inch or two before the changeover, and a touch more in the backwash before the cold hits again. Been a fun little storm.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tuanis said:

Looks like the rain-snow line is down around I-80 at the moment. Will have to watch it dance around as the low lifts NE.

it seems to be oscillating north and south based on heavy or light precip with an overall slight movement back north

the 00z HRRR also seems to pick this up as it moves north or  south depending on the heavier sim radar returns

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Walking around outside is an absolute disaster.  Feet slid repeatedly despite moving very slowly.  I feel bad for anyone who is at higher risk of falling.

You better believe it. Worst conditions I've worked in yet. Sidewalks, porches, side streets...just a total sh*t show. And it got worse when it got dark. There is no accrual on cars or trees, but with the ground being cold...it's just adding to ground conditions being an ice rink. And all this crap is gonna freeze hard tomorrow. FML.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

You better believe it. Worst conditions I've worked in yet. Sidewalks, porches, side streets...just a total sh*t show. And it got worse when it got dark. There is no accrual on cars or trees, but with the ground being cold...it's just adding to ground conditions being an ice rink. And all this crap is gonna freeze hard tomorrow. FML.  

how much snow do you still have on the ground....alot of this liquid will  absorb/freeze into the snowpack increasing the snow water equivalent

with the cold and  clipper pattern the next 2 weeks it will continue to add to it....(worried about IL river flooding down the road, family members get flooded out....)

5 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

how much snow do you still have on the ground....alot of this liquid will  absorb/freeze into the snowpack increasing the snow water equivalent

with the cold and  clipper pattern the next 2 weeks it will continue to add to it....(worried about IL river flooding down the road, family members get flooded out....)

About 4” in my yard. It’s got a nice firm crust on top right now. Hopefully temps don’t get too out of hand overnight...might as well have a glacier. :D

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

Freezing rain or shine.  :arrowhead:

• Haha 1