Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January/February Medium/Long Range Disco

nj2va

47 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Lmao Jeb! I think you belong in the North Pole or Antarctica. Either one would suit you well for how quickly a wet T-shirt could freeze to your skin. I do miss having the wicked cold as well, previously living in the northeast all my life until 2011. There really is nothing like going outside and having your damn nose hairs freeze. Just take in a big breath and it really is like something you’ve never experienced. Weird to say but it is super refreshing. 

This.  I grew up in upstate NY, between Albany and Saratoga.  Because I had always had a scarf or something like it, my breath would freeze my eyelashes together, so periodically I would have to take a mitten off and melt the ice with my fingers.  

I do love a good, cold airmass.  However, agree with PSU that it is kind of wasted without being accompanied by snow.

• Like 2

Just watched DT's new This Week in Weather.

Basically depressing, DT says no 50 50 and therefore all rain threats into Feb.

Until there is better blocking no snow just rain. A few days ago he sounded excited , all he was highlighting was the cold. 

Then he states the PV comes in and the storms track to the far South.  That's the recap. I don't agree, just reporting it.

2 minutes ago, Ji said:
8 minutes ago, nj2va said:
Did you forget last weekend? Or the snow on snow this week? 

Our storm this weekend were multiple times modeled as 20 to 30 inch storms. Another example of a 50 50 storm that trended badly

And Randy thinks I am full of bad news all the time lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, frd said:

Until there is better blocking no snow just rain. A few days ago he sounded excited , all he was highlighting was the cold. 

Then he states the PV comes in and the storms track to the far South.  That's the recap. I don't agree, just reporting it.

Wow that is depressing...mercy.

6 minutes ago, Ji said:
13 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Our storm this weekend were multiple times modeled as 20 to 30 inch storms. Another example of a 50 50 storm that trended badly

Again...what about last weekend? Forgive me if I can't understand your complaint after you got close to a foot! And ya didn't honestly take those 20-30 inch fantasy runs seriously, did you? And the fact that this weekend didn't work out really shouldn't be a surprise...to me, it was pretty clear even 6-7 days ago that we would struggle to produce with that kind of track!

5 minutes ago, Ji said:
11 minutes ago, nj2va said:

We all kind feel like Ji.  It actually is a much harder hobby when the pattern starts to get “better”. Big storms pop up in the medium to long range. But our climo is our climo. And we find different ways to fail. PSU always says even in a great pattern we still need a lot of luck. Hopefully it’s a week until we score again and not 2+ weeks or we will all be on tilt lol

10 minutes ago, frd said:

He is too beholden to his snowstorm checklist. Not every snow fits into his neat ideal scenario. Extreme blocking and the kind of cold we’re looking at changes the equation some. We will see. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

He is too beholden to his snowstorm checklist. Not every snow fits into his neat ideal scenario. Extreme blocking and the kind of cold we’re looking at changes the equation some. We will see. 

We can get snow without a 50/50 low.  It's just going to be more of a 2013-2014 pattern than a 2010 pattern.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic