Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January/February Medium/Long Range Disco

nj2va

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

It's possible. The only thorn I see is Ji's favorite 50/50 high. lol. If a big storm ran the coast the threat of it coming inland is bigger than scraping the coast or OTS. 

EPS strongly agrees with the frigid outbreak d9-11 and ends up looking pretty similar to the GEFS @ d15. From how it looks right now, our chances for wintry precip go way up starting next weekend and beyond. Not a dry look on either the GEFS or EPS at the beginning of Feb. Another good run even though the follow up wave looks pretty crappy. 

This may be old news, but DT highlights Feb 4 th and 5 th as a significant winter storm threat.  I would love to see snow at 5 degrees  

1 hour ago, Ji said:

when this storm fails...we got the one right behind it to help us fail again haha

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

And now the euro spits a full continental block. lol. Wild times are brewing...

ecmwf_z500a_nhem_11.png

Is that considered a neg NAO? Or a very strong war? A blend of the two? That's the kind of cold/low heights where it's so cold its clea outside but pixie dust snow flakes are falling. 

13 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Quite the hit on the 18z gfs

18z gfs trended toward the middle ground between 12z FV3 and 12z Canadian, which was way amped and west. 12z gfs honestly looked better in my opinion than 18z. I’m hoping that the front will get a little quicker of a kick east so that a lot of us can have fun with that system on Wed/Thur. Has the potential to have some juice with it.

15 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Looks like 18z GFS setting up to dump the motherload like the EURO at 162 hours. Huge PNA ridge and the PV is about to be brought Southward

I love Winter Weather! Understanding models and even many posts is hard for me. 162 hours is 6.5 days however, and I'm suppose to be driving from DC proper to NYC Manhattan and staying the weekend. I don't travel in bad weather! I will watch as I always do, but any early advice here, american wx peeps? You think I should cancel? Thank you in advance.

4 minutes ago, WeatherLovingDoc said:

I love Winter Weather! Understanding models and even many posts is hard for me. 162 hours is 6.5 days however, and I'm suppose to be driving from DC proper to NYC Manhattan and staying the weekend. I don't travel in bad weather! I will watch as I always do, but any early advice here, american wx peeps? You think I should cancel? Thank you in advance.

Hello! Unfortunately, it is probably too early to be able to say one way or the other. Best advice is just to keep checking back here as we get closer to Thursday--because right now, as is often the case when medium/long range forecasting for the I-95 corridor, multiple options are on the table! (Does appear that something might hit us, but too early to tell if it's gonna be rain or snow!)

• Like 1

Right now if I were to guess it looks like there will be some Miller B potential for a week or so after the 24-25th “Anafront” event. Obviously Miller Bs can be mostly misses around DC/Philly, but there was some signal for on the EPS for a low to develop on one of those arctic fronts. If you can get an arctic wave to dive deep enough S you could get a score. However, towards end of month & early Feb we will likely see some legiit shots at a blockbuster event, especially if the progged block ends up developing. 

Exciting times ahead. It has been a pretty crap winte here in Philly. Even last night’s event had the heavier stuff stay just Se of the city.   

• Like 3

Just now, Wentzadelphia said:

Right now if I were to guess it looks like there will be some Miller B potential for a week or so after the 24-25th “Anafront” event. Obviously Miller Bs can be mostly misses around DC/Philly, but there was some signal for on the EPS for a low to develop on one of those arctic fronts. If you can get an arctic wave to dive deep enough S you could get a score. However, towards end of month & early Feb we will likely see some legiit shots at a blockbuster event, especially if the progged block ends up developing. 

Exciting times ahead. It has been a pretty crap winte here in Philly. Even last night’s event had the heavier stuff stay just Se of the city.   

I’m with you man, pretty snow starved around these parts. 

3 hours ago, PivotPoint said:

Things look pretty good today. Heopefully holds the line over next 3-5 days then I think we start digging into some real chances.

Interesting note about the next week (Thursday-Friday deal) 12z gfs is probably wrong about multiple waves riding the boundary — will most likely consolidate and form one wave for better or worse. But if we were to receive to independent bouts of snow from the same front and it again lasted more than 30hrs, it would be (by my estimation) the first time in my 34 years I’ve seen two 30+ hour continuous events for the same winter in my life time in NoVA.

Please correct me if I’m wrong

Looking forward to good times next 3-4 weeks 

You're gonna get it. The Mid Atlantic aint seen nuthin yet so far this snow season. The Best is yet to come.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

And now the euro spits a full continental block. lol. Wild times are brewing...

ecmwf_z500a_nhem_11.png

I LOVE that so much! I'd love to take a long leisurely jebwalk at night, wearing a SOAKED t-shirt!

I worship Vodka Cold!

This is what I yearn for the Mid Atlantic to have: About three feet of pow then extreme Siberian air with a nice refreshing northerly breeze, blowing the snow all over the place in a total milkshake froth. Thats what I want for you up in the Mid Atlantic. And, the infamous Leesburg/Rockville/HoCo/MoCo Deathband dumps 50 inches.

If it verified, I'd be sublimely happy!

I not only want you to get all the snow you can handle, I want you to have more snow than you can handle! I'd like to see happy snow weenies flying high all over the place!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jebman said:

I LOVE that so much! I'd love to take a long leisurely jebwalk at night, wearing a SOAKED t-shirt!

I worship Vodka Cold!

This is what I yearn for the Mid Atlantic to have: About three feet of pow then extreme Siberian air with a nice refreshing northerly breeze, blowing the snow all over the place in a total milkshake froth. Thats what I want for you up in the Mid Atlantic.

I not only want you to get all the snow you can handle, I want you to have more snow than you can handle! I'd like to see happy snow weenies flying high all over the place!

That is a Jebman special.  492dM is brutal.  So cold your nipples fall off and get eaten by a dead squirrel...that’s cold

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

486 thickness approaching.  Cold very cold.  Not common in these parts.  468 I think is the lowest I have seen in Canada.  

Good rule of thumb with extreme lr op solutions is to shave about 1/3 off and that will be closer to reality. So congrats Atlanta and Hattiesburg. Sorry Orlando weenies...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Good rule of thumb with extreme lr op solutions is to shave about 1/3 off and that will be closer to reality. So congrats Atlanta and Hattiesburg. Sorry Orlando weenies...

I’d give up the snow for Orlando to get it.  Snow in Disney...that would be something. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jebman said:

I worship Vodka Cold!

This is what I yearn for the Mid Atlantic to have: About three feet of pow then extreme Siberian air with a nice refreshing northerly breeze, blowing the snow all over the place in a total milkshake froth. Thats what I want for you up in the Mid Atlantic. And, the infamous Leesburg/Rockville/HoCo/MoCo Deathband dumps 50 inches.

Jeb, I don't know what you do for a living but if you bring 1/10th of the joy and enthusiasm you have for winter weather (and bring to this board) to it I have no doubt that you're the best in the world at it :D  Cheers, brother!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, B-Paq said:

Jeb, I don't know what you do for a living but if you bring 1/10th of the joy and enthusiasm you have for winter weather (and bring to this board) to it I have no doubt that you're the best in the world at it :D  Cheers, brother!

I lived in N VA for over 50 years. I love that place on so many levels it isnt even funny.

I want you guys to be happy so bad. I want you all to have a truly EPIC snow winter.

That would make me happy even down here, lol.

I dont need snow in Texas, but I say the Mid Atlantic DOES NEED A LOT OF SNOW, and I say you shall have it! :)

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic