Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January/February Medium/Long Range Disco

nj2va

5 minutes ago, eurojosh said:

Healthy system down the line on the CMC... On a weird double-barreled front that has the leading LP in Canada (rain for us) and the trailing low in texas (snow, when it finally moves up the coast).

There's the 24th/25th storm signal showing up again as you mentioned 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

After last year, I'm tired of cold and dry. Last year was some of the most wasted cold!

I've always loved winter for it's cold and snow. I know some of you see winter as a waste with a lack of snow, and I get that, but I still enjoy those long periods of sub-freezing temps. Love to watch the lakes, streams, resoviors freeze! 

2 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

After last year, I'm tired of cold and dry. Last year was some of the most wasted cold!

Well we got some snow to go along with it.  Not too much, but enough to drive me down to 0 F one night, which is quite an accomplishment for eastern NC.

There has been some mention on the SE board of 1994, which was notable for us for some bitter cold outbreaks interspersed with "warm up and rain" storms.

@Ji the boundary looks to stall near the east coast beteeen the 24-26 and something could come from that. But you’re right after that the mother load of cold drops the hammer and as probably go dry with clippers as our only hope for a while. We need that tpv to weaken. It will. Maybe a week. 10 days at most. But the stj didn’t die it’s just being suppressed by an extreme pattern. That’s not the same thing. If the blocking holds like guidance suggests we would get favorable periods. And this could break right. We get some snow on the front of this then extreme cold and clippers can be fun. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@Ji the boundary looks to stall near the east coast beteeen the 24-26 and something could come from that. But you’re right after that the mother load of cold drops the hammer and as probably go dry with clippers as our only hope for a while. We need that tpv to weaken. It will. Maybe a week. 10 days at most. But the stj didn’t die it’s just being suppressed by an extreme pattern. That’s not the same thing. If the blocking holds like guidance suggests we would get favorable periods. And this could break right. We get some snow on the front of this then extreme cold and clippers can be fun. 

You can really see that scanning through the snowfall maps from day 11-15 on the EPS.  Lots of tracks that look like they originate in Canada and slide down the western ridge as they move east as the SS is pushed south. Could be a miller b type patter with some blocking showing signs of life just after day 10.  The hope would be as the cold relaxes but with the block in tact post day 15, that they could meet up near us.

[mention=514]Ji[/mention] the boundary looks to stall near the east coast beteeen the 24-26 and something could come from that. But you’re right after that the mother load of cold drops the hammer and as probably go dry with clippers as our only hope for a while. We need that tpv to weaken. It will. Maybe a week. 10 days at most. But the stj didn’t die it’s just being suppressed by an extreme pattern. That’s not the same thing. If the blocking holds like guidance suggests we would get favorable periods. And this could break right. We get some snow on the front of this then extreme cold and clippers can be fun. 
As bob says....congratulations to Panama city. I aslo dont think mjo is a big factor...it looks to die in phase 7 in cod by early feb544982d02374edf35553cb01605c9d98.jpg

You can really see that scanning through the snowfall maps from day 11-15 on the EPS.  Lots of tracks that look like they originate in Canada and slide down the western ridge as they move east as the SS is pushed south. Could be a miller b type patter with some blocking showing signs of life just after day 10.  The hope would be as the cold relaxes but with the block in tact post day 15, that they could meet up near us.
Miller bs can work in severe blocks but this is not how we want to make our money

1 minute ago, Ji said:
16 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Miller bs can work in severe blocks but this is not how we want to make our money

Agreed. But if we can get the advertised look with blocking up top its not a shutout pattern. 

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

After the middle of next week we are probably gonna be tracking NS systems for a while. There is a signal for something on the EPS around or just beyond day 10. NS with hints of some coastal development. Might be able to get something to dig more than usual with the advertised look.

The cool part might also be a threat sneaking up on us as well in a pattern like that, my previous reference to a Manitoba Mauler from DT was made in regards to extreme blocking to get redevelopment far far to our South.  For now just speculation ,maybe that pattern is one that comes into view later but clippers should be around.  When HM mentioned 1978 recently not sure if he meant the cold or the impacting storms that winter. 

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

After the middle of next week we are probably gonna be tracking NS systems for a while. There is a signal for something on the EPS around or just beyond day 10. NS with hints of some coastal development. Might be able to get something to dig more than usual with the advertised look.

A good ole Manitoba Mauler would work pretty well. Those can be sneaky in the mid and short term. Doesn't happen down here often, but I remember a few. Most notable one was back in '03. Woke up to a 2 hour delay for school when the system came south far enough to spread some snow squalls through northern MD and dropped a quick couple inches in a few hours. PA/NY state got blitzed. 

The cool part might also be a threat sneaking up on us as well in a pattern like that, my previous reference to a Manitoba Mauler from DT was made in regards to extreme blocking to get redevelopment far far to our South.  For now just speculation ,maybe that pattern is one that comes into view later but clippers should be around.  When HM mentioned 1978 recently not sure if he meant the cold or the impacting storms that winter. 

I dont think 78 is known for its cold:)

Just now, Ji said:
4 minutes ago, frd said:

I dont think 78 is known for its cold:)

77 maybe he meant.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic