Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 18 Appetizer

HoarfrostHubb

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAM has consistently been unimpressed with this one for 3-4 cycles...though it's still in clown range for that model.

I don't know if this makes any sense for this 'little critter' but... the NAM's domain terminates west of the west coast out around 130 W (I think) which this system's gunk (right now) is still just sort of nosing through that longitude this morning... Times to move closer to and pass over roughly Frisco ... 24 hours from now and then moves swiftly across the country in the fast compressed flow... 

I pretty sure the NAM gets a relay from the globals at the edges but don't quote me.  In any case, the NAM is not the best tool for this probably until Wednesday night sometime

There's a subtle northern stream s/w with this and the NAM almost seems to be letting it get absorbed into the periphery of the PV. The GFS at least has some semblance of it with some weak vorticity and a slight bend in the isohypses. It's probably just another NAM synoptic failure, but we'll see.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

There's a subtle northern stream s/w with this and the NAM almost seems to be letting it get absorbed into the periphery of the PV. The GFS at least has some semblance of it with some weak vorticity and a slight bend in the isohypses. It's probably just another NAM synoptic failure, but we'll see.

yeah...again, it may not even be detecting that and/or mechanical parcels about that because the NAM's grid doesn't really even extend as far west in to the Pacific as this event's governing "fractals" are presently is moving...

24 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Agreed, just not enough moisture to support much over 3".  Maybe a lucky locale will pull 4 if they see good rates and ratios.  I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those "radar looks like crap" storms, too.

Should easily be cold enough up here, so hoping for nice ratios, 15:1 or better.  (Could also get 8:1 snow grains if dendrite growth is terrible.)

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

actually, forget it Brian... I got my wave spaces flipped... This piece is sort of straddling the Cali coast and is awaiting the more important relay out of the central Pac kick it east -

I've been watching that one dropping out of Alberta that gets grinded quite a bit before reaching New England. It just seemed to me the GFS had a ghost of it remaining while the NAM just sucked it into the general PV vorticity. You can go cross-eyed looking for it though and it may not have anything even to do with the solutions.

f48.gif

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That is a pretty safe bet...  1-3"     Maybe someone squeezes 4" from this on a hilltop in NW Mass

How has 1-3” worked out last 7 storms 

now while different conditions promote different results

if this is shearing weakening as it traverses SNE due to compressed flow , I really don’t wanna go down this “ooo, looks like we had bad luck again” scenario 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

How has 1-3” worked out last 7 storms 

now while different conditions promote different results

if this is shearing weakening as it traverses SNE due to compressed flow , I really don’t wanna go down this “ooo, looks like we had bad luck again” scenario 

Several storms have produced over 1"

of rain

• Haha 1