Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 18 Appetizer

HoarfrostHubb

Just now, WinterWolf said:

How Ironic if this ends up better than the Weekend one.....we've all seen that happen before.  

I could totally see a situation where this gives a surprise 6-7" of snow and then the weekend is 4" followed by a scalping and ZR. That's actually basically what happened in the Feb 1-2, 2011 storm. Everyone obsessed over the main wave on feb 2-3rd but it ended up being the front runner wave that produced the most snow. I had like 7.5 from the front runner wave and then 4.7 with sleet from the main wave. 

Slightly different setup this time but not drastically so. It's still an overrunning pattern wth two distinct waves. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I could totally see a situation where this gives a surprise 6-7" of snow and then the weekend is 4" followed by a scalping and ZR. That's actually basically what happened in the Feb 1-2, 2011 storm. Everyone obsessed over the main wave on feb 2-3rd but it ended up being the front runner wave that produced the most snow. I had like 7.5 from the front runner wave and then 4.7 with sleet from the main wave. 

Slightly different setup this time but not drastically so. It's still an overrunning pattern wth two distinct waves. 

Every single poster here would take that . There’s not one that wouldn’t 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Agreed.

I missed that one in 2011 cuz I was up north Sledding.

Might miss this one too due to sledding up north this weekend??  

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Why did it weaken after panel 78hr, what’s the issue . Shredded SW from tippy 

Yeah it def weakens some. But it held together further east than previous run so we'll have to watch to see if that is a trend. If it is, then we may trend it juicier. 

5 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's sort of what I asked last night...if the front runner wave becomes the bigger snow event but I think I phrased it as the "main event" (which it won't be).  

I always think it's the system that no one pays attention to that surprises and delights, but then the storm that was obsessed over for 9 days is a bit disappointing.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's sort of what I asked last night...if the front runner wave becomes the bigger snow event but I think I phrased it as the "main event" (which it won't be).  

I always think it's the system that no one pays attention to that surprises and delights, but then the storm that was obsessed over for 9 days is a bit disappointing.  

actually looking at the long range models, and ensembles, they both seem little compared to the January 24/25th miller A potential.