Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Light Snow Event - 1/17-1/18 Obs and Discussion

nj2va

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Is it me or does it seem to be trending south too?  A few days ago it was targeting Central PA/North Jersey/etc and now has accumulating snow in the mountains of NC.  Maybe a good sign for the weekend event?

Not sure this event has enough ballz to have an impact on the big show to follow, regardless of the exact track it takes. Its pretty darn weak, but it could drop an inch or 2 in places.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I think i know what the problem is. You rip and read my posts after i rip and read model output when the right thing to do is hang out and get ripped while trolling Ji. 

That sounds like a plan!! No harm Bob, I'm just playing around only because I know you get it.

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

Even as a light snow event, with timing in the afternoon, potentially during rush hour, this is certainly going to be a buzz around the office.

I take joy in watching the mass exodus at work, upon the first sighting of snowflakes.  

Special weather statement says stay tuned for potential winter weather advisories later tonight or tomorrow.  WooHoo!

10 minutes ago, birdsofprey02 said:

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

Even as a light snow event, with timing in the afternoon, potentially during rush hour, this is certainly going to be a buzz around the office.

I take joy in watching the mass exodus at work, upon the first sighting of snowflakes.  

Special weather statement says stay tuned for potential winter weather advisories later tonight or tomorrow.  WooHoo!

Somehow for this event I don’t buy it.  Low goes underneath us ok...low goes to NW and less than favorable things happen.  But I will be happy to be wrong.  Usually am.  

33 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Somehow for this event I don’t buy it.  Low goes underneath us ok...low goes to NW and less than favorable things happen.  But I will be happy to be wrong.  Usually am.  

I generally agree. The one thing going for us is the track of the shortwave is decent. Upper level support will prob fire up some moderate snow showers. Radar will look similar to spring rain showers and whoever get under the heaviest could easily get 2". Maybe even 3" if the stars align. My bar is 1" and I'll slantstick if necessary 

namconus_z500_vort_us_21.png

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I generally agree. The one thing going for us is the track of the shortwave is decent. Upper level support will prob fire up some moderate snow showers. Radar will look similar to spring rain showers and whoever get under the heaviest could easily get 2". Maybe even 3" if the stars align. My bar is 1" and I'll slantstick if necessary 

namconus_z500_vort_us_21.png

Ok.  I can live with that plus my snow is now dirty.  Needs a freshening up.  A

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

This will be a good stats padder and may put Bristow in the lead in the snowfall contest.  

Exactly this. Many are already above average to date (with DCA nearly 200% above average for the month of January I believe), so this is essentially bonus until our unicorn pattern eventually shows up in the medium range in late Jan. Hopefully the Northern peeps can get something out of this weekend's rainer. 

I'd like to set my bar at .2". Would put me at a foot of snow on the year, which is really all I could've asked for before February. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cobalt said:

Exactly this. Many are already above average to date (with DCA nearly 200% above average for the month of January I believe), so this is essentially bonus until our unicorn pattern eventually shows up in the medium range in late Jan. Hopefully the Northern peeps can get something out of this weekend's rainer. 

I also think there’s something to be said about a winter where we start cashing in on small events like this...makes the winter more memorable for the number of events and it also tells me we’ve turned the corner into patterns that want to work out for us.  /weenie/

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, nj2va said:

This will be a good stats padder and may put Bristow in the lead in the snowfall contest.  

Well this is an unexpected miracle.  

EDIT:  my guess is that potential lead won’t last long.  Feb looks solid for at least another warning event.  Dec gave me confidence in my prediction.  

• Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic