Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Light Snow Event - 1/17-1/18 Obs and Discussion

nj2va

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
9 minutes ago, Jebman said:

I hope this comes to full fruition!

You can never have enough snow.

More importantly, you can never have too much snow.

It's been great reading your posts all the way from Texas.  Your enthusiasm for our snow is genuinely appreciated.  I always loved your positivity in this forum the past couple of years and I'm glad you can keep it up from down south!   

7 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Anything that keeps snow on the ground... I’d really like this snowpack to last.

Better hope this weekend isn't a monsoon, though much of it will probably melt this week either way. Doesn't take that long for fairly fluffy snow to melt when its sunny and above freezing.

43 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

It's been great reading your posts all the way from Texas.  Your enthusiasm for our snow is genuinely appreciated.  I always loved your positivity in this forum the past couple of years and I'm glad you can keep it up from down south!   

It's fun. I am adapting to Texas. It even surprises me, lol. I love reading the posts on the Mid Atlantic subforum during a snow. Its fun to experience the snow with you all. Those pictures were excellent, I felt like I was right there with you all standing in the fresh snow!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

ICON's SLP is south of 12z so its a better run for north of DC especially along the M/D line.  

also interested to see what it does with the weekend system.  pretty close with that, too.

edit: guess i'll need to wait. 6z/18z only goes out to 120.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic