Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Light Snow Event - 1/17-1/18 Obs and Discussion

nj2va

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

But this was a 70 north storm?

And nothing has changed lol? Dusting to 3/4 inch that will melt through the night vs 2-4 up near the Mason dixon that dont melt. Clearly a 70 north storm. Will be verified with snow reports in the morning 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

But this was a 70 north storm?

Lol.

1 hour ago, Beachin said:

With round 2 coming later 2-3 looks good for us northerners coming down good. 

On 1/14/2019 at 7:23 PM, Beachin said:

How am I wrong when majority of guidance says no snow south of frederick or baltimore lol. This is definitely a north event unlike the past

On 1/14/2019 at 5:15 PM, Beachin said:

This event should be good for us up north. Likely to warm south of 70

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

And you’re the one doing it?

Yall need help if you think this was a 70 south storm lmao. Marginal temps in fact temps are warming since the snow has stopped. You got a few flakes and under a inch big deal majority of the accumulations will be NORTH of 70. 

Bottom lime who gives a rat's ass theres one person who made a big deal about it cause his feelings got hurt. Boo hoo

Just now, Beachin said:

Yall need help if you think this was a 70 south storm lmao. Marginal temps in fact temps are warming since the snow has stopped. You got a few flakes and under a inch big deal majority of the accumulations will be NORTH of 70. 

You know what was a south of 70 event? This past weekend when I had 11 point f-cking 3 inches of white gold. How was your 2-3”?

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

Just now, Beachin said:

Listen, my man, this event ****ing blows for us. It’s ok. We might get snow sometime eventually, maybe. It’s just not our year.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Sheesh you jackpot every single time.

I’ll banter a bit since we’re in the lull. It’s been a good 20 years in Clarksburg. While further up Parr’s Ridge near @mappyand @psuhoffman certainly do better, it’s been amazingly consistent how often Clarksburg is the high total in the DC (actual) metro area. It’s a great combo of just enough elevation on the ridge, just far enough east so it’s out of the lee shadow of the Appalachians, just low enough to be below CAD inversions and my place is in a depression on NE facing hill so I get cold air drainage into the area and lower sun so the ground stays cold relative to the surrounding areas and I catch every possible flake. It’s like my own tiny microclimate version of the Canaan Valley. 

Alternately, my place in Vermont where I am spending my weekends now is the exact opposite. I live in the absolute least snowy area in the entire state. It’s so weird to track and report the (relatively) low total when everyone else is “cashing in” around me. Quite the juxtaposition. 

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic