Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Light Snow Event - 1/17-1/18 Obs and Discussion

nj2va

Just now, das said:

I fully support this.  I'm flying up (to VT) late tonight.  Here's the forecast at my place up there.  Look at those temps!

Saturday:  A 30 percent chance of snow after 3pm. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 8. Wind chill values as low as -15. North wind 7 to 10 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday Night:  Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 3. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Sunday:  Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 9. North wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Sunday Night:  A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around -5. North wind around 13 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

That looks awful. I can barely go outside when it's below 55F... Them places up north experience a winter that's just about impossible to experience 'round here, which I'm thankful for. That sounds like a different season and makes DC winter seem like autumn.

I just took the dog out for a quick walk and the sky just opened up. Great rates and snowflake size right now. This is going to overperform for someone. Everything has caved except the road. But it isnt far behind with these rates. Wanted to get a Jebwalk in in some daytime snow in case we dont get anymore this winter. 

Moderate snow 31 degrees.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I just took the dog out for a quick walk and the sky just opened up. Great rates and snowflake size right now. This is going to overperform for someone. Everything has caved except the road. But it isnt far behind with these rates. Wanted to get a Jebwalk in in some daytime snow in case we dont get anymore this winter. 

Moderate snow 31 degrees.

But but...epic pattern coming. Plenty of time for more daytime snow. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, vastateofmind said:

I thought about asking @clskinsfan for a pic or two from his Jebwalk...but when you replied, I was more tempted to ask you, @Scraff, for an updated pic of your fridge contents this evening.

I cant figure out how to resize pics on my phone anyways. I have to email them to myself then resize them on a PC then post them. In other words its a pain in the ass. Or I am old and cant figure out how to use a cell phone :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I cant figure out how to resize pics on my phone anyways. I have to email them to myself then resize them on a PC then post them. In other words its a pain in the ass. Or I am old and cant figure out how to use a cell phone :)

I feel ya, brother. I'm always futzing with the pic size to get it down to manageable posting size here. All good. BTW, 35/24 here in SE FFxCo, with radar-indicated flakes appearing to be arriving within the hour (or so).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Screenshot the pic I think that lowers the resolution and you can post

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

I thought about asking @clskinsfan for a pic or two from his Jebwalk...but when you replied, I was more tempted to ask you, @Scraff, for an updated pic of your fridge contents this evening.

LOLz. Take last weekends picture minus about 10 beers. I figured I have time to restock before our HECS pattern kicks in. And as a side note—fresh Troegs Nugget Nectar is bangin!  That 6 may disappear quick! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Download free imgur app then hold thumb on the pic until menu pops up. Click "share" then select imgur app. Click hidden then upload then copy link ending in .jpg

Takes less than a minute. My amwx attachment folder is stuffed and you can only delete 1 file at a time. I have over 1k files so screw that. Would take me 2 days to delete all those. Imgur is a breeze. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Scraff said:

LOLz. Take last weekends picture minus about 10 beers. I figured I have time to restock before our HECS pattern kicks in. And as a side note—fresh Troegs Nugget Nectar is bangin!  That 6 may disappear quick! ;)

Troegs = one of my fave microbreweries in the NE. Also, flurries just starting; also need to enter into mPING.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic