Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Light Snow Event - 1/17-1/18 Obs and Discussion

nj2va

36 minutes ago, SnowCane4896 said:

I just officially moved to Gaithersburg from Mobile, AL last night so I'm just excited to see flakes fly!  On my drive up yesterday, there was still quite a bit of ice on the trees along I-81 between Roanoke and Lexington, VA.  

Central Maryland is a winter wonderland. Big snowstorms are common, snow usually stays around for a while afterwords, and as a storm gets closer you'll usually see models juicing up the precip totals and turning colder.

Ok... I'm lying, but welcome to the mid-Atlantic! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, yoda said:

Fairfax, Prince William, Arlington, and Fauquier have canceled all afternoon activities on school grounds lol

Baltimore County did as well, which means one of us has to pick up the kiddo early since there is no after school daycare now. 

36 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

31/24

Pretty nice slug of moisture to my west. I would think it will be snowing here within an hour or so. It just smells like snow outside. I still have around 4 inches of snowpack so it is going to be nice to add a fresh inch on top. 

Getting close for us.  Cloud deck lowering and thickening.  Within 15 minutes for sure .   Still several inches of snow cover here,  so this has been a great week for winter.  Too bad it's over tomorrow .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

West to east moving storms are tough here but I could see just east of here getting an inch or two. It would be nice to freshen up the remaining snow and maybe frost the trees again. I have an 8am flight out of BWI tomorrow flying to Portland Maine...I'm contemplating staying for the weekend storm up there.

I fully support this.  I'm flying up (to VT) late tonight.  Here's the forecast at my place up there.  Look at those temps!

Saturday:  A 30 percent chance of snow after 3pm. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 8. Wind chill values as low as -15. North wind 7 to 10 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday Night:  Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 3. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Sunday:  Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 9. North wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Sunday Night:  A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around -5. North wind around 13 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Nice returns heading towards Parr's Ridge. Hopefully you guys end up with a couple of inches out of this one after being screwed this past weekend.

I thought you were joking at first.  Then I remembered those on the ridge further NE did not do well.  I got 13.2" at the southwest end of the ridge.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic