Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Light Snow Event - 1/17-1/18 Obs and Discussion

nj2va

9 minutes ago, PivotPoint said:

18z gfs cold air wedged in a little better. Didn’t look at sounding but guess we lose mid levels as the low passes through the area. Could be a better trend. Would like to see the vort a little more vigorous like dipicted in the nam 

It will be another test of the trend over the last year for shortwaves to juice up in the short range. There's a low ceiling imo. Prob around .30 qpf max.

5 minutes ago, Ji said:
6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:
It will be another test of the trend over the last year for shortwaves to juice up in the short range. There's a low ceiling imo. Prob around .30 qpf max.

Most of you all were happy when models were giving you. 30 on last weeks storms

Snow is like money. You are ok with a certain amount of it because you are happy to have some instead of none. 

But once you experience getting a larger amount, you need even more to be satisfied because the original amount you had is no longer is satisfying.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Ji said:
14 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'll honestly be happy if I see a little snow fall again before it all washes down the stormdrain this weekend. If there are any piles left they'll be gone with the next west track

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ji said:
14 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

To be fair of course we all would love the big dog every storm...but some of us enjoy every event for what they are...you just aren't one of them 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Yup, I think .30 is good guess as to max potential. I just want to see snow on snow. I’ll take my measly inch before the deluge 

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Fed gov shuts down and DC always gets snow.  

Actually...we all do! Take a look at the four longest shutdowns...and just think about what happened in the winters that followed, lol (now this is an image from earlier last week, so of course we're now at 25 days)--And of course 1996 was the exact same winter!

DwXDfTlXQAAsJCg.jpeg

leesburg 04 said:

I drove to northern Jersey this morning and just got home. I don't feel bad at all...just sayin if you know what I mean.  Bare ground 

11 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Coincidentally, I went up to and am just leaving northern New Jersey. And still bare ground.

And I can confirm that north of there in SE NY State -- the Goshen and Middletown, NY areas (about 45 min drive east of Scranton) -- also had no snow with this last event.  They've had some snow already, but not lately.

** Lowest temp so far for the season this morning IMBY.

7 minutes ago, Herb@MAWS said:

I drove to northern Jersey this morning and just got home. I don't feel bad at all...just sayin if you know what I mean.  Bare ground 

And I can confirm that north of there in SE NY State -- the Goshen and Middletown, NY areas (about 45 min drive east of Scranton) -- also had no snow with this last event.  They've had some snow already, but not lately.

** Lowest temp so far for the season this morning IMBY.

I got about 6.25 inches of snow in sparrows point MD with this past weekends event

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic