Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GGEM has been very consistent with the cutter idea. That does give me a little more confidence that we aren't getting a cutter. 

Heh ...funny.. 

Yeah ...I haven't even looked yet but in the previous I surmised that the model was unlikely going to succeed in handling/timing critical features to phase more ... which is how/why the only way pretty much it can take a system west of NE  - it would have to shift the entire mass-field vortex of the SPV over eastern Canada west.   

I've noticed this about that model over the years ... sometimes did does not do that and it scores reasonably well along with the other runs, but at other times it tries too hard phase. 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

I can tell you I'm 100% certain that if that surface pressure pattern evolution over Quebec evolves like that... the GFS will be too far N with that surface low... 

Model is a disaster when it comes to handling the sfc features. Just laughed at how far inland it pushed the CF despite a sfc track to the southeast. You'd be lucky to get the CF past BOS in that setup with an Arctic molasses airmass and a high to the NW. 

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It'll be the first coup the GGEM scores in a decade. Canadians could use the confidence booster. Hopefully it works out. 

I dont know why u guys need to create such a narrative. The gem is just as bad as the gfs. Its outperfoming the gfs for tomorrow on the ma low for nl...and it outperformed the gfs for my blizzard at the beginning of the month. 

Just now, OSUmetstud said:

I dont know why u guys need to create such a narrative. The gem is just as bad as the gfs. Its outperfoming the gfs for tomorrow on the ma low for nl...and it outperformed the gfs for my blizzard at the beginning of the month. 

The model blows.

Canada created the narrative. Its overall scores are worse than the GFS.

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

I'm talking for here. It literally hasn't scored a coup in as long as I can remember for a big event. Maybe this is the one. 

GFS typically doesn't either but it's had a few. As usual, Euro will probably be closest to reality but if this ends up as a cutter, that will def be a decisive win for the GGEM in the medium range on a high impact system here. 

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

It blows and you know it.  I don’t care about the scores...it’s borderline worthless.

• Thanks 1