• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

The euro op was more wintry inland, esp ORH north. It’s got a piece of a energy lurking off the southeast coast that gets entrained into it and brings the low inland, but the interaction needs to work itself out over the next couple of days. Probably won’t matter for eastern areas, but interior should watch. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The euro op was more wintry inland, esp ORH north. It’s got a piece of a energy lurking off the southeast coast that gets entrained into it and brings the low inland, but the interaction needs to work itself out over the next couple of days. Probably won’t matter for eastern areas, but interior should watch. 

Not for nothing but its got some work to do, but we transition back to snow as it slows after cutting through SNE with the initial WAA SWFE . Its definitely not all frozen as some portrayed in their initial morning salvo. Overall its an improvement and EPS is practically identical with the initial warm air intrusion followed by  CAA into the next piece of energy 

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not for nothing but its got some work to do, but we transition back to snow as it slows after cutting through SNE with the initial WAA SWFE . Its definitely not all frozen as some portrayed in their initial morning salvo. Overall its an improvement and EPS is practically identical with the initial warm air intrusion followed by  CAA into the next piece of energy 

Well like I said, esp ORH north and west. I’d pay attention. But I think for ern areas we’ll enjoy bare ground and Iroc-Zs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well like I said, esp ORH north and west. I’d pay attention. But I think for ern areas we’ll enjoy bare ground and Iroc-Zs.

ORH N and West

same old gradient ...maybe a few miles south

Seriously Scott, you must be so sick of saying day 10 looks better on models and things never look really good for the coast . We have a cutter friendly pattern w more extreme cold nearby as well .

at what point do you start the day w a few shots 

or do we just keep Charlie browning every single week till pitchers and catchers are on the field 

morning Rev

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He’s melting behind closed doors....family at the dinner table waiting while he’s in the garage inhaling exhaust and paint thinners.

He stares out at his bare lawn and holds back a tear. Height of winter and another cutter was here. He keeps saying to his family , another snowy week here, they nod and look down, they don’t believe him anymore... it’s clear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

6z euro is interesting with the srn stream system hanging off the southeast. Even the s/w’s in the Midwest are a little different from 00z. Will be interesting to see what the eps does.

Yeah what the hell was that. It looks like it could almost grab that storm and reel it in. That would be ideal but it obviously is spaced pretty far east.