Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The weenies want snow. I've accepted it may not be a great winter, but until I see a crap pattern look...I don't see why the shades are closed. Scooter knows when to close the shades.

Pickles and Runway get emotional and fill the board with tear drops and it’s just a domino effect. Then MPM reads those posts and posts more tear ridden posts and Snoski who lives in the southern middle Atlantic gets upset. Etc etc. Its a never ending trickle down effect started by a few posters at 5:00 am everyday 

• Haha 4

On 1/22/2019 at 9:34 AM, Damage In Tolland said:

No one should have expected that when we lost all of Dec and most of Jan. After you lose a full winter month in Dec, it’s time to adjust forecasts and expectations. Shame on anyone who thought an epic winter was enroute after losing Dec

Yes, that would be a reasonable approach to stop beating the drum when it becomes clear it’s not going to happen.  Love this post.  

33 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

What is so bad about this look? I mean, I guess if you are south coast it's kind of ugly but otherwise that looks a lot like a typical SWFE snow look

IMG_2319.PNG

IMG_2320.PNG

It reminds me of some of the things you said during 06-07 and 07-08 lol, 07-08 particularly was a great SWFE winter.

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pickles and Runway get emotional and fill the board with tear drops and it’s just a domino effect. Then MPM reads those posts and posts more tear ridden posts and Snoski who lives in the southern middle Atlantic gets upset. Etc etc. Its a never ending trickle down effect started by a few posters at 5:00 am everyday 

he'd actually be happy in the southern mid atlantic as they've had two big snowstorms already.

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Reasonable to me, it just takes one shortwave to dive the right way and we get a major nor'easter with all snow.

1 minute ago, qg_omega said:

It's not that simple but ok, snow on

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

But it is that simple

Just press the "shortwave dive" button and away we go.

Weeeeeee.

39 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It may not work out obviously...but I don't get some of the posts on how awful things look for the rest of the month. That definitely has a chance. 

Now I haven't said this.  From where I sit, next weeks setup is garbage for me.  Ridge axis out west needs to push east another 100-150 miles.  What transpires after next week, is anyone's guess.  Looks like we go into the freezer for a few.  Perhaps we score a clipper in there and then maybe we get a coastal as the PV lifts out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wow it's already gone there? Ours is still about 4" of dense softened ice/sleet. But it has to last another 10 hours which might be too much. 

Are you seriously surprised?  Hell, mine was gone before midnight last night.  I came home to couple splotches in the yard.  This AM there were just couple small "snowbanks" left.