• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

and I add...  the unusual depth of that trough core is assisting in making that west... 

could be an amplitude bias in the Euro at work.  It is day 6  in the Great Lakes and only coming together D5 over the high plains region so it may be susceptible to it's fantasies in that range.

I could see that correcting "a little" flatter, and perhaps backing off a dose of SD ...  my god.   ...  

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

A frigid air mass on the heels of the latest rainer..complete with a compressed flow just to make sure nothing pops while its cold.

..yup ... lasts for three weeks, then ...right on Kevin's favorite date, February 10 ... this rolls east 

image.thumb.png.5b9c71abf44d5e7c90e8b6fecd84cfc9.png

• Haha 1

Just now, leo2000 said:

We have had great patterns without a good Atlantic before so what exactly is causing this snowless pattern with endless cutters?.  A bad Pacific? The MJO that keeps going into the warm phases?. 

Have you ever been flogged by a cosmic dildo....  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, leo2000 said:

We have had great patterns without a good Atlantic before so what exactly is causing this snowless pattern with endless cutters?.  A bad Pacific? The MJO that keeps going into the warm phases?. 

Yep.  PAC has been controlling everything.  Lack of HP over AK and PNA being either non-existent or ridge axis too far west have made for a great winter elsewhere,

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, leo2000 said:

Remember when some of us (esp Scooter and I) said how eventually we are going to pay if we keep rolling the dice without downstream blocking? Well this is a good example so far this year. We def could be doing ok but we aren't because we've had some unfortunate timing on nuances that instead gave Virginia a monster snowstorm in December and then gave DC a big snowstorm last week...and then gave a lot of SNE a sleet bomb instead of mostly snow a few days ago. You can easily picture a scenario where the longwave pattern is exactly the same but those nuances work in our favor instead of against it and we all have a lot more snow to date. 

Or...with some downstream blocking we probably could have morphed some of these other systems/cutters (like tomorrow) into snowstorms....storms like 1/12/11 would have sliced through Detroit if there was no blocking downstream...but instead we enjoyed a KU. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The mean is fine . What a bunch of weenies 

OK...just like last week when you said the cutters were over too????

Hey I get it, you're trying hard to convince yourself and others that everything is going to be alright...but sometimes that just isn't the case.  Really good chance next week flops too unfortunately, but maybe we can just get lucky this year once, and it works out?????  Hope so?