• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

So, did the pattern really change? And im not being sarcastic, so please dont read that and infer a sarcastic tone. Still no blocking, still getting cutters or NNE jackpot storms. This is the same storm track, it doesnt appear anything has changed. Now we are going into the 4th week of January.

7 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

So, did the pattern really change? And im not being sarcastic, so please dont read that and infer a sarcastic tone. Still no blocking, still getting cutters or NNE jackpot storms. This is the same storm track, it doesnt appear anything has changed. Now we are going into the 4th week of January.

There is colder air around....I had a high of 4 degrees today, and most of us just had a significant snow/ice storm, though I understand why it doesn't seem much different to you. That happens a lot near the cape.

I'd call that a change, however you are correct...the pattern is still flawed because there is still no NAO.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Nothing has changed.....its still the same strung out elongated POS train of systems tracking right over SNE with this BS rain and mix........shut it down....

41 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Siberian night.  Snowing lightly all evening (watch the Logan guy throw in some make up number...lol), temps very bitter, glacial landscape....too cold for man or beast!

Sweet!  Been a long time coming for you guys.  I'm a little worried about the storm track, but a -NAO would theoretically take care of that. Either way that's a nice base you have cemented in YBY. I'm sure you only build on that. 

9 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Yes especially in the winter

Depressing winter

Meh it is what it is. Take this week upcoming off from weather, come back Saturday to see if anything is coming up. Usually pretty quiet after a megastorm, other than heavy frontal rain nothing exciting to talk about, so expect a week full of melts, depressed folks and calls for spring.

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Meh it is what it is. Take this week upcoming off from weather, come back Saturday to see if anything is coming up. Usually pretty quiet after a megastorm, other than heavy frontal rain nothing exciting to talk about, so expect a week full of melts, depressed folks and calls for spring.

Except the storm coming Monday/ Tuesday