Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

41 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Only this winter can we pull off precipitation anomalies that excessively high in January, while having it next to none of it fall as snow despite aggregate monthly departures not having been exotically warm.

January 2014 up here.  Inches and inches of rain, none of it snow.  Below normal temperatures in the means.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

1980s in a nutshell. 

Tell ya this if that Nam run is right, above freezing and only up to 38 39 for 24 hrs not much is melting. Massive runoff. Its gonna take a whole lot of energy to melt this Glacier down. Nam actually is pretty cold in Northern  Western Mass as a wave develops on the front

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Tell ya this if that Nam run is right above freezing and only up to 38 39 for 24 hrs not much is melting. Massive runoff. Its gonna take a whole lot of energy to melt this Glacier down. Nam actually is pretty cold in Northern  Western Mass as a wave develops on the front

You hope it’s right but EPS says rains to Maine’s and then finally a true pattern change 

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Just got back to Greenfield.  Noticeably more snow here than out towards Fitchburg. I just measured 9.5-10" in several spots and that is after compaction.   Probably could have measured close to 11" before the brief peltfest.  Winter appeal.   

Currently 2F 

I thought you would do better, like 14-16”. 

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

Para GFS has a huge storm for this weekend

Aah yes... the paraturd ... To think, this gets to come on line in place of a Good For Shit model, too -

This thing averages one ... Category three cold-core hurricane a week, replete with tsunamis storm surges, sky-scraper swaying wind gusts and looters ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Aah yes... the paraturd ... To think, this gets to come on line in place of a Good For Shit model, too -

This thing averages one ... Category three cold-core hurricane a week, replete with tsunamis storm surges, sky-scraper swaying wind gusts and looters ...

Every model has  a storm signal. That's all we can ask for this far out.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Just got back to Greenfield.  Noticeably more snow here than out towards Fitchburg. I just measured 9.5-10" in several spots and that is after compaction.   Probably could have measured close to 11" before the brief peltfest.  Winter appeal.   

Currently 2F 

The Fit only got around 6” give or take

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I love having you around to keep me in line. lol

I was so happy to meet you Saturday, Ken.

Glad you made it.

Ray, After meeting you I am finding it difficult to passively troll . You seem like such a nice guy! Difficult but not impossible ;)

Beer is on me at the next GTG...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Looks a lot like Jan 2000. I did not zoom in on purpose to show the hit in the south.

fv3p_asnow_eus_29.thumb.png.c6be4f7e733edfc1d0671bbe2a9c27e3.png

would be amazing to have potentially serious to crippling snowfalls (relative to the region) from the deep South into both the  upper Midwest and the northeast. Of course I'd take it with a grain of salt large enough to turn Lake Superior into the Dead Sea

13 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

would be amazing to have potentially serious to crippling snowfalls (relative to the region) from the deep South into both the  upper Midwest and the northeast. Of course I'd take it with a grain of salt large enough to turn Lake Superior into the Dead Sea

Florida to Maine.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Can someone please post the weeklies?   TYIA

Tombo posted this text, heres a couple 5H and 2m graphics 

week 1 neutral pna/-epo/neutral nao/neutral ao. Normal hgts, stuck between big trough over lakes and WAR. flow from Canada

week 2  +pna/-epo/-ao/-enao. Below normal hgts, flow from canada

week 3 +epo/+pna/-ao/-ena0. Normal hgts, flow from canada

week 4 -enao/+pna/-ao/+epo. Below normal hgts, flow from canada

week 5 -enao/+pna/-ao/-epo. Below normal hgts, flow from canada

week 6 -enao/+pna/-ao/-epo. Below normal hgts, flow from canada

download (24).png

download (29).png

download (31).png

download (33).png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1