Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm saving this one.....just like all the Brady is done quotes from October.

That would be like me saying Stowe is done . An established Great snow climo spot akin to Brady established champion for entire career . 

Saying Boston Won’t do it is like saying Andy Dalton won’t throw 5 td’s in his next game.  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

This looks to be the coldest mid afternoon temps I can recall, low single digits in the hfd/spfd area....always almost seems to get up to near 10 during max daytime heating

The whole weekend in general was favorable for areas that have the tendency to get screwed, you know that the cold-air drainage in the lowest levels is impressive when people like Mitch from Vermont start commenting about how the valley areas we're receiving higher snowfall amounts then some of the surrounding mountains.  The cold air was wedged in so well in The valleys that we didn't have to depend on advecting in colder air from higher up or radiational cooling.   

10 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Euro shows like 3/4" up your way.

Down here it's :flood: Shows 3-4"

Had water in my basement yesterday after that deluge. I wonder if we’ll have t-storms like we had yesterday. If it isn’t going to snow might as well have some severe wx since we don’t get any during the summer here on the S coast.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Coldest high in my life. Peaked at 2 F at DAW.

Congrats!  You're handling it up here pretty well for a southern boy! :ph34r:

With all the arctic temps we had last year (remember the -20+ stuff?), didn't you have a high colder than this?  Maybe not if you say so, but it's surprising nonetheless.

31 minutes ago, WthrJunkyME said:

Congrats!  You're handling it up here pretty well for a southern boy! :ph34r:

With all the arctic temps we had last year (remember the -20+ stuff?), didn't you have a high colder than this?  Maybe not if you say so, but it's surprising nonetheless.

We had a colder low (-12 F) but not colder high (I think the coldest high was 5 F).

1 minute ago, #NoPoles said:

Wtf is this shit...i just got 3.66inches in this last storm and now have almost 5.75inches for the month of january...all liquid

Only this winter can we pull off precipitation anomalies that excessively high in January, while having it next to none of it fall as snow despite aggregate monthly departures not having been exotically warm.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Only this winter can we pull off precipitation anomalies that excessively high in January, while having it next to none of it fall as snow despite aggregate monthly departures not having been exotically warm.

the next system underscoring your plight...  0 to 55 to 20,  zero snow

• Sad 1