Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

17 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I understand, I won't flame you. Your blogs have been excellent, it's a tough year for forecasters. I'll stick to banter for more concerns, less meltdowns.

This hobby is not the healthiest. Fingers crossed Feb 2015 walks through that door.

Yea it’s time consuming but it’s fun when we get paid off. 

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol I remember exactly how that walks through the door saying started here. Bobalouie posted to me late Jan 2013 that as we got into Feb, Jan 11 was not walking through the door,then it did. Repeated by Wiz I think in Jan 15 with a Feb 13 isnt walking in the door,  which I bumped end of Feb 15, saying you were right Feb 13 didn't walk in the door Feb 34 did. Things change on a dime man, chillax and hope for the best.  

Great point and it's not 2012, at least there's potential for something great. It doesn't have to be 2015, in fact I don't think that's possible for this region anytime soon.

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea it’s time consuming but it’s fun when we get paid off. 

When everything clicks it's the best. I know I'll never forget the boxing day storm for my area and how everything came together last minute.

PS: New Euro looks a bit flat for next week's potential storm. Late phase maybe.

5 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Great point and it's not 2012, at least there's potential for something great. It doesn't have to be 2015, in fact I don't think that's possible for this region anytime soon.

When everything clicks it's the best. I know I'll never forget the boxing day storm for my area and how everything came together last minute.

PS: New Euro looks a bit flat for next week's potential storm. Late phase maybe.

Did you read Walt Drag's post in the NYC forum?

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Station | Record | Max temp so far
CON | 2F (1943) | 1F (midnight)
BDL | 8F (1985) | 4F (midnight)
BOS | 12F (1985) | 10F (midnight)
ORH | 8F (1985) | 1F (midnight)
PWM | 7F (1888) | 12F (midnight)
PVD | 7F (1985) | 10F (midnight)

Too bad the cold air wasn't just a wee bit faster.   I believe today will be a record max temperature for me.  Started at -5.4F midnight and reached -3.9F midday.  Now fallen back to -4.6F with thicker clouds and constant light snow,  3 mile vis. stuff 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

When you bury the shortwave into Cancun, it’s not easy to sling it up in the EC. Still, the look screams big potential. 

I'd rule out a high-end based upon that fact alone....major system possible, sure.

I hate systems that bury themselves before coming up. Not only is there more track risk, but it will be occluding off the coast of VA.

IF this evolution is correct...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Next week could be fun. Couple of events modeled. 

I would like to get widespread 10"+ tacked onto seasonal totals before January ends...we do that, and I think pickles is going to need to keep training milf tushies to save up.

I think I need 66" for Jerry to win...don't let me get me into February needing 55", of we're doing this-

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd rule out a high-end based upon that fact alone....major system possible, sure.

I hate systems that bury themselves before coming up. Not only is there more track risk, but it will be occluding off the coast of VA.

IF this evolution is correct...

My latitude/location, I can accept that. Jan 16 was just a hair too far south for a KU here. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would like to get widespread 10"+ tacked onto seasonal totals before January ends...we do that, and I think pickles is going to need to keep training milf tushies to save up.

I honestly don’t see many ways I’m losing this 1. 

Ill give u 3 (1 footers ) and 3 (6 inchers )and 4 (3 inchers ) and it’s still cash money