joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Is Thur RN a slam dunk?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Aside from a brief start as snow for some, yes.  The question is whether the current snow cover will make it through to the next even we can track for 8 days.

I envision we--and the general public--are going to be so jaded by missed opportunities and blown calls of 3' that in a couple weeks we'll get bitten in the ass by a slew of heavy, heavy events that we just don't want to buy into.

I installed a mini split/heat pump Saturday. Screw oil and natural gas. I have solar panels withe excessive capacity so its essentially free to run.

It claims full heat output to 5 degrees and it cuts out at -13.  This weekend was a great test run and at -1 it was still putting out incredible heat. Beyond impressed with it so far.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There’s not much wrong on the eps after mid week cutter but it’s becoming the Anna Kournikova of winter, “looks good never wins.”

LOL. We’ll have our chances. Looks like a piece of the PV retros to near Anchorage which beats down the ridge, but if you extrapolated beyond that, might pop a PNa down the road.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Did you guys accrete over 1/2”? I saw videos of whole trees crashing down

Had to have. It got too dangerous for me to go outside and measure. Surrounded by trees. Before the winds came, my wife and I jumped in the car and left and had to dodge downed trees everywhere until we got to route 67 in Seymour.

5 minutes ago, BuildingScienceWx said:

Currently IC. At my parents house in Stratford, CT. Had to leave my house in Bethany as it was ground 0 and a complete disaster zone. Whole town still without power with temps below 0.

Wow. First the tornado and now this. Congrats on a damaging place.

I am in the process of accepting  that when I come back from the UK on Wednesday that we mixed precipitation turning to potentially a warm rain. I really didn’t think that would happen but now I do. Then there’s a chance for something over the weekend just as I leave for five days on the West Coast. I do believe however that we do get a stretch of 2 to 3 weeks of winter not interrupted by cutters and Rainer’s. I think that starts this weekend.  “We” means CNE/NNE

• Haha 1