Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

MJO ends winter again .. .heh..  

I remember heavy-handed post content lobbied at anyone that dare suggest the wave may re-mature in Phase 5 ... 

Meanwhile, the AO is slowly backing off it's plumbed depths at CPC... inches... Boy, I tell you... this late autumn into winter may be fantastically lucky it's snow at all up to this point.  I've never seen a planet so hell bent on fighting it's it's own season - haha

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I remember heavy-handed post content lobbied at anyone that dare suggest the wave may re-mature in Phase 5 ... 

Meanwhile, the AO is slowly backing off it's plumbed depths at CPC... inches... Boy, I tell you... this late autumn into winter may be fantastically lucky it's snow at all up to this point.  I've never seen a planet so hell bent on fighting it's it's own season - haha

I'll bet against MJO "ending winter" in early Feb....regardless of where it positions itself.

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Agreed it's a bad look. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if November's storm was the only snow this season.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Temp430 said:

Henry Margusity said yesterday in his blog that he likes the ICON solution posted below.  The system cuts across the Appalachians in West Virginia and strengthens off the coast to paraphrase.    Not sure of the reasoning behind that.

393250002_ICON2019011518z.thumb.png.3156b07009294d6fefee8c045a58edc9.png

Hey, another VT poster!  Welcome!

9 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Agreed it's a bad look. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if November's storm was the only snow this season.

Can I ask you something?  Why do you post in this sub-forum?  We have posters from ME and northern VT to CT.  The one thing they have in common?  Different climates than where you are.  WE and more specifically all of the posters north of the NH/MA border have already seen more snow than November.  If you want to post here and lend your analysis, then please make it germane to the sub-forum you are posting in.

37 minutes ago, Temp430 said:

Henry Margusity said yesterday in his blog that he likes the ICON solution posted below.  The system cuts across the Appalachians in West Virginia and strengthens off the coast to paraphrase.    Not sure of the reasoning behind that.

That's because it jackpots State college....................:lol:

11 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Can I ask you something?  Why do you post in this sub-forum?  We have posters from ME and northern VT to CT.  The one thing they have in common?  Different climates than where you are.  WE and more specifically all of the posters north of the NH/MA border have already seen more snow than November.  If you want to post here and lend your analysis, then please make it germane to the sub-forum you are posting in.

You posted way too many words for this....you could have easily just said:

"Glad we don't live there"

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Almost nobody saw more snow since November in SNE. The climate of SNE vs. CNE/NNE is also drastically different but yet people still post here. 

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

Almost nobody saw more snow since November in SNE. The climate of SNE vs. CNE/NNE is also drastically different but yet people still post here. 

We're a lot closer to CNE climate than NJ. I average only slightly less snow than CON and PWM.

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'll bet against MJO "ending winter" in early Feb....regardless of where it positions itself.

just in case ... I was only reflecting the WH product - I don't personally rely on the MJO much for reasons i've hammered ad nauseam and won't again -  .. it helps and hurts but doesn't stop or start.. . blah blah... 

I really thought it was funny how folks were like, " ...the MJO is not going to amplify in 5"  ... whatever-for it may mean for the world this time, it's doing just that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

But, I'm not speaking or intending any sort of absolutes here... I'm making valid conjecture for folks to consider ... because no one can say anything I've brought up can't come of all this...  Hell, we could see a powerful S/stream system still end up S and now we have a fast moving coastal bomb.  Not impossible either... But of all, I do see the ALB-CON-Coastal Maine cyclone egress as unlikely without a low probability realization of major phasing.  

You gotta be f'n kidding me ... :facepalm:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

We're a lot closer to CNE climate than NJ. I average only slightly less snow than CON and PWM.

He got blasted In the NYC forum for making completely contradictory statements in the course of one day yesterday. Trolltastic!

Are we in for 45 straight days of cold and snow? Of course not. Anyone thinking that was setting themselves up for failure.

4 hours ago, Temp430 said:

I don't usually like to say this about Pro Mets....but he could be one of the worst I've ever seen..the guy is just plain bad.  Flip Flops more than a fish out of water.  Whatever he said....take it with a huge grain/rock of salt.