Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

38 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, that was tongue in cheek.  But less phasing and it's going the way of the UKMET.  That might have been mean though, I doubt you really have a shot.

I just want to see tomorrow's runs when everything comes ashore and energy sampled.  Day 5-6 forecasts are rarely correct without some adjustments.

Only 4 days away now 96 hours until go time

10 minutes ago, WthrJunkyME said:

Good luck, MPM.  Moving is a stressful event, no matter how far.  Exciting too, though!

Thanks.  This one seems much less stressful for some reason.  Perhaps my daughter's being away at school and my wife at an apartment in Westboro during the work week is making this feel a little less homey.  I'm guessing I'll be spending time during Sunday's event packing boxes.

4 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Thanks.  This one seems much less stressful for some reason.  Perhaps my daughter's being away at school and my wife at an apartment in Westboro during the work week is making this feel a little less homey.  I'm guessing I'll be spending time during Sunday's event packing boxes.

I prefer a “quiet” move myself.  

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

I thought it would correct about 75 miles but this was better. As for QPF, not sure it they are overdone or not... models have been consistent with big amounts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

May as well continue last year's trend of systems with big amounts--especially if it's the frozen kind.

3 minutes ago, The Graupler said:

Interesting modeling last night. Well have to see what today brings 

Well, the 18z runs will have us a close to the the 3-day mark so hopefully confidence by way of model consistency/consolidation of outcomes will grow.  Of course, they can continue to shift or better yet, shift and diverge so we can completely be scratching our heads again.  :)

41 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

As Chris said, news to watch for any correction NW, mostly due to mid level lows and Synoptics. It’s mostly a matter for interior where you are talking snow or IP/ZR.

I think south of the Pike area, especially closer to the CT line will be the area to watch for ZR; areas north of the Pike might ping for a bit but stay mostly snow. 

4 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Looks like immediate east coast has a good shot to finally see some snow.

was following Harvey and he’s honkin ...he also has been posting how this has been Boston’s worst winter to date ...on record!

Worst winter?  How is that?  What context was that in?  Usually when "worst" is mentioned on air they are talking about large amounts of snow, etc., and not the other way around (weenie who loves snow).