Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

If you have a genny it’s great. But for those who lose power in NE CT while opioid addicts run wild in your neighborhood, break into your house as you hide in the bathtub with a box of Treehouse over your head...might not be fun. 

I live in a city full of opioid  addicts, many of them homeless...I have old little dogs so I worry and Springfield does a terrible job on the roads in bad weather

10 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

lol  (do people say that anymore).  GFS day 8ish.  Bombing low from LI 994mb to 969 Maine.   More to watch if this doesn't work out.

You would think we get more of them to workout too as we are heading  into the highest climo time of winter.

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We are talking total snow for PF not whats left he is over 100 for the year Jan 15th 

I have to double check but I'm 65-70" at home, which is about what I had all of 2011-12 and much more than 2015-16.

My highest winter here was 160" in 2010-11.

J.Spin's classic spot is the one over 100".

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

If you have a genny it’s great. But for those who lose power in NE CT while opioid addicts run wild in your neighborhood, break into your house as you hide in the bathtub with a box of Treehouse over your head...might not be fun. 

12 gauge triple ought, 45 ACP, 357 mag and 38. Oh, and a very alert Shepherd all protecting my generator.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah people take advantage of each other.  Sickening to hit someone when they are already down.

This is why you have a home security system with a backup battery and a genny that powers it lol. We live in an extreme weather climate with zipper lows unzipping backdoors robbing you of your jewels. Protect yourself and your families.

7 minutes ago, kbc360 said:

12 gauge triple ought, 45 ACP, 357 mag and 38. Oh, and a very alert Shepherd all protecting my generator

Got my Winchester .30-30 and a Browning Auto-5. Ready for the ice apocalypse. No genny though, so I may be a touch irritable if anyone takes an interest in my wood pile...

• Haha 1