Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

Just now, dryslot said:

20.5" in November, 15.3" since, Nothing over 4" with the biggest storm being 6.2" in November, So yeah, We are slightly below normal.

November was really the month here, like you.  The only real difference up here has been a few more nickles and the big difference was that recent synoptic to upslope storm.  You are one coastal plain only snowstorm away from being pretty equal.

Just now, tamarack said:

Either the system comes later than current thinking around here or NNE gets royally skunked.  SN progged to start Sat eve locally, would be a bummer to get a whole one inch between then and 18Z Sunday.  I choose door #1.

It only went to hr 120, But it still looked to be south of the 12z run which was south of the 06z run and south of the 0z run so you see where i'm going with this ........lol

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sell hard on those temperatures.  Dendrite getting to 32F :lol:

Yeah,  no way I get to freezing no matter what happens.  CAD always overperforms and it starts out so darn cold up here.  Hours of pingers, doubt we get into ZR but the big story with this when all is said and down is the freezing rain zone followed by flash freeze.  Ice skating rink somewhere, where will that be?  GFS seems to have cut qpf a bit in the 18Z run.

39 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Not the UK. That cant be ignored. ICON as well, but that could be ignored...for now.

Let's see what the UK shows tonight.  If it stays well south and east, it might be time to rethink what the rest of the globals are putting out.  I'm betting it comes back well NW, but still stays offshore.

26 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol... it's not far from a normal winter up here.  Again, the difference is more in how little snow has fallen south of the mountains, not how much has fallen in the mountains.  I still think if SNE had seen normal snowfall to date, the perceived NNE winter would be a bit different.

But I think its been very very much outlined by the mountains...even Sunday River and Sugarloaf have had a "great" winter (meaning average at least).  Its not like Maine has been left out of it.  From Sugarloaf to SVT at Mitch's spot, all the NH ski areas are doing real well seasonally too (NH jacked in the November snows).

Dryslot, you down there on the coastal plain have been one of the few spots in NNE that might be below average?  But then again, BTV just did their first spring flood outlook and from snow water equivalents had most of VT under 2,000ft as below normal snowpack/water for early January.

I rode nearly 100 miles through the hills and mountains of east Central Vermont last weekend and never thought “Wow, there’s a ton of snow here!”  That’s up to elevations over 2000’ too. Now I wouldn’t say it’s a poor winter at all, just not a blockbuster. 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Good news for system 3 GFS moved 100 miles East with the surface reflection.  Way out but sh it will be happening fast 

Problem in the longer term is the EPO and the tendency for shit to cut. So much for niño as of now. It’s more the EPOhno.  We need that ridging east. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I rode nearly 100 miles through the hills and mountains of east Central Vermont last weekend and never thought “Wow, there’s a ton of snow here!”  That’s up to elevations over 2000’ too. Now I wouldn’t say it’s a poor winter at all, just not a blockbuster. 

We are talking total snow for PF not whats left he is over 100 for the year Jan 15th