Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

21 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

should be a fun 12Z cycle!! I'm expecting everyone to bring their A game!

May not be this 12z suite, but this is going to trend colder...agree with Will and Tip. I don't buy this big ice storm for my area. I think its going to be like the VD Day event with a lot of snow and sleet.

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

but it did tick NW a bit from 0Z.. at least based on temp profiles, crap graphics for this crap model.

what is the scoring for this model ?  

does anyone know... or is this just like the new kid to the neighborhood has to get beat up for awhile before the other kids accept 'im/'er

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

what is the scoring for this model ?  

does anyone know... or is this just like the new kid to the neighborhood has to get beat up for awhile before the other kids accept 'im/'er

It's literally the first model that comes out... therefore it's getting a ton of play these days.  Will's right, if it came out at 1pm like the EURO no one would even glance at it, lol.

Great marketing ploy for the model though, if I had a weather model I'd want that run as soon as humanly possible to get the most eyes on it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

May not be this 12z suite, but this is going to trend colder...agree with Will and Tip. I don't buy this big ice storm for my area. I think its going to be like the VD Day event with a lot of snow and sleet.

We even tainted in Albany VD2007.  Ended up with 18" with 40" 30 miles to our west.  Forecasts were fore 2-3' in Albany.  Just missed the biggest storm of my life!

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's literally the first model that comes out... therefore it's getting a ton of play.  Will's right, if it came out at 1pm like the EURO no one would even glance at it, lol.

right ...which adds purposeful foundation/necessity to the implicit sarcasm ... this particular crew's razor sharp cutting insight utilizing objective analysis techniques - 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just way way too much reliance on Euro/EPS . You have a few Mets just blindly following it

I feel like you worked so hard over the years to get everyone to toss the GFS and other models.  You used to beg Ryan to go straight Euro/EPS and toss the others as far as the eye could see.  Don't take away all that hard work now.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Even the ICON is cold at the surface,  Can't see the MLs though.  Temps barely exceed 30F at the peak and that is only in SE MA and CC.

Chances of straight rain seem very small in this and only for a small geographic area. 

The trick will be where the mix/snow line sets up.  The low levels will be frigid.

• Like 1