Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What are these positive depth change maps?  They make no sense with the model run.  Like 18-30" in NNE?  Where is the GFS even close to that.

I usually use pivotal so i'm not sure what those are all about, But the 10:1 clowns on there are printing out 15-20"

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

These things many times lead to ennui as Ray would say, unless you have an ice fetish. Id love to be in CNE and NNE at this stage. We shall see. Maybe we can pull a 2014 when everything went SE, but my

gut is no. 

NNE/CNE clearly the best spot to be all winter so far. Going through all the possible solutions on each 6 hour run is taxing lol, but part of the gambit. Lot's of time for a reversal Ray's ennui notwithstanding.

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

2-3" of qpf with a January arctic front bisecting New England spells high,high impact situation.  Really analyzing each run 5 days out is  fairly useless (but fun)  Fasten seatbelts, something big coming...

I agree either a big rainstorm or a big snowstorm, its rare to get ice on Cape Cod.  I feel ice is something no one wants.

7 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I still feel with a powerful Polar Vortex over Hudson Bay, Canada and a powerful cold air mass entering the region on Saturday, I feel suppression is a large problem over cutter.

5 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Models are showing a powerful upper to mid level jet stream with this trough.  Very cold air mass enters the region after the 20th.

Winter is powerful. 

Even the runs that start kind of amped really get pinched as they try to amplify. I am not silly enough to rule out a cutter but I'm kind of skeptical of one. That PV is strong and it going to be a lot of resistance. Wouldn't surprise me if we got the classic SE trend around day 3-4 followed by the last minute latent heat north trend inside of 36 hours and the final result is pretty wintry. 

• Like 5