• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

Post your favorite Jebwalk music in this thread!

You guys really dont have to do this, lol. Look folks I am really not this important. Not at all. I'm not in the frame and like it that way lol.

You know what I really miss about DC?

Snark. Leesburg04 and H20 really got that down.

Texas is just one big brady bunch version of itself, you know?

I mean I LOVE DC! ESPECIALLY Southeast.

ELO songs ALL remind me of snow. I blast em in my headphones during a long leisurely jebwalk.

I also like JABBERWOKEEZ music in ice storms. And their videos.

This one is classic.

• Like 3

Rush 2112 is high on my list...

If it's snowing hard then Slayer Seasons in the Abyss gets me all jacked up (yes, old guys like heavy metal still)

Metallica is good for all occasions

5 Fingers of Funk's Slap me Five album will never get old (obscure and kick ass funk/rap)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

If it's snowing hard then Slayer Seasons in the Abyss get's me all jacked up (yes, old guys like heavy metal still)

5 Fingers of Funk's Slap me Five album will never get old (obscure and kick ass funk/rap)

Rush is old skool! Love me some Rush 2112. Used to blast that back in my senior year at Gar Field High lol. Everyone called me "Weatherman" lmao. Although, I am no weatherman. We all know who is though.

November Rain is also a decent song that tends to remind me of arctic fronts changing rain to snow lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

If it's snowing hard then Slayer Seasons in the Abyss get's me all jacked up (yes, old guys like heavy metal still)

Nice! We got another metalhead here. I would’ve never pictured you as one though. Now I can fill this thread up with black metal haha

47 minutes ago, Jebman said:

You guys really dont have to do this, lol. Look folks I am really not this important. Not at all. I'm not in the frame and like it that way lol.

You know what I really miss about DC?

Snark. Leesburg04 and H20 really got that down.

Texas is just one big brady bunch version of itself, you know?

I mean I LOVE DC! ESPECIALLY Southeast.

ELO songs ALL remind me of snow. I blast em in my headphones during a long leisurely jebwalk.

I also like JABBERWOKEEZ music in ice storms. And their videos.

This one is classic.

Yep, like me some ELO! Mix in some old school 38 Special and Tom Petty and I am a pretty happy Jebwalker.

Edit-heck, let's be honest here, just about anything 70's and 80's will work. :)

Aerosmith, Boston, Kansas!, Def Leppard, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Ratt, Poison, Kool & The Gang, SOS Band, Heart, you get the idea. Something happened in the mid 90's and down the hill we went.......

37 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Nice! We got another metalhead here. I would’ve never pictured you as one though. Now I can fill this thread up with black metal haha

I love heavy metal, AND heavy dubstep and trap!

• Like 1

Here's one for you @Jebman, one of my all-time favorites for a Jebwalk. This is a BECS soundtrack:

0:00-3:57: Low approaches from the Gulf

3:58-11:52: front end thump

11:53-12:11: dry slot during transfer

12:12-14:09: death bands approaching...

14:10-17:59: 5" per hour rates, temperature -10, winds of 50 mph

18:00-20:39: snow tapers off

Total accumulation: 50"

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Here's one for you @Jebman, one of my all-time favorites for a Jebwalk. This is a BECS soundtrack:

0:00-3:57: Low approaches from the Gulf

3:58-11:52: front end thump

11:53-12:11: dry slot during transfer

12:12-14:09: death bands approaching...

14:10-17:59: 5" per hour rates, temperature -10, winds of 50 mph

18:00-20:39: snow tapers off

Total accumulation: 50"

LMAO! I'll blast it during the next BECS in DC. I'll fly in. I'll jebwalk in if I have to!

• Like 1

I know this is a SNOW JEBWALK topic, but this track by Chocolate Puma was one of my favorites as I jebwalked thru last summer's incredible rains in July as we packed up the old house:

When it comes to torrential rains and floods, techno is definitely the way to go! It'll work for torrential snow too!

It also reminds me of many a nice trip up to MGM National Harbor, and of jebwalking on the Plinth there. Ask the security ppl there about JD walking around on the Plinth in the rain back in 2017.

That was me, lol

U might want to crank up the volume for this. Classical track for rain changing to snow and accumulating as the deformation forms then stalls out because of epic blocking, kind of like what's gonna happen to DCA late this month or next month:

Better stock up on Red Bull because none of you are gonna get much sleep for the next 7 to 9 weeks. You are going to be busy tracking snow threat after snow threat after snow threat, and busy digging snow as plows plow you right in nice and tight, storm after storm. You are going to run out of places to put the snow. Its going to get so amazing that you will imagine you see torrential snow falling and blowing INSIDE your houses!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

This one is definitely a winner! I'll blast it in snow or in heavy rain!

Some great music tastes in here!

@Jebman, I LOVE ELO!! My favorite band hands down. 

I am a classic rock kind of guy. But also enjoy some alternative rock from time to time. Had this song stuck in my head yesterday. 

9 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

If it's snowing hard then Slayer Seasons in the Abyss gets me all jacked up (yes, old guys like heavy metal still)

Damn Chill. I saw this thread topic and was gonna post Rush 2112 but you beat me to it. Overture then Temples may be the Michael Jordan Scottie Pippen duo of best intros in rock history. 

After that, give me some Sublime. Yes. 

Oh! Oh! I've got one!! To add some classical music to this...here is a Chopin piece literally nicknamed "Winter Wind" Remember playing this during the 2014 winter when we got 1-2 feet! Love it! (I may dare to try and learn it, lol)

On 1/14/2019 at 12:35 PM, Bob Chill said:

Bob... I have new found respect for you. 2112 is probably the best composition of songs ever written in a rock album. I am gonna throw in la Villa stangiatto

And also

Slave to the traffic light

Phish

Awesome thread here!  I’m definitely in the old school rock and metal category for Jebwalks (and life in general). A few of my favorite walking tunes include:

Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell

Dokken - In My Dreams

Iron Maiden - Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Judas Priest - The Hellion / Electric Eye

Queensryche - Queen of the Reich

...and just way too many more to list. Definitely love most of older Rush too. 

New school - Killswitch Engage!

Summer I have a little Zac Brown, Buffet, and Kenny Chesney in me.  That’s a different thread I’m sure though  ;-)

• Like 1

Who knew that a lot of people had the same choice in music as me. I love all music and have played guitar for 40 years. But metal is my passion as well. I dont listen to music on Jeb walks though. Because I love the sound of snow. The crinkling noise it makes when it bounces off of trees, your jacket and such. Sometimes I will just pull out a beach chair and sit in the driveway while it is dumping snow during our big storms. It is one of the most refreshing things you can do. Although my wife thinks I am bat shit crazy.

• Like 3