Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 19-20th Winter Storm Threat

Rjay

2 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

The axis of WAA precip is horrible for our area. Way too far NW for anything appreciable before the midlevels are long gone. It's a shame.

No offense but this was never really about East of the Hudson River. I thought the city and LI would see a few inches and I still think that possible but that area isn't the main concern.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

No offense but this was never really about East of the Hudson River. I thought the city and LI would see a few inches and I still think that possible but that area isn't the main concern.

This is a four inch snow event for the city. 8 for Mahopac. 5 inches for yanks. 1 inch for Anthony. 10 for mountain creek, 14 got Monticello, 9 for Boston. 19 for Albany. And half an inch for Philadelphia. Bangor Maine 23

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

The axis of WAA precip is horrible for our area. Way too far NW for anything appreciable before the midlevels are long gone. It's a shame.

You keep saying "our area" like everybody on this board lives in Queens. There are many posters on this board who are north and west of the city and will have significant impacts from this storm. I've watched the city and Long Island get a foot of snow while I'm sucking virga in hudson valley, so guess what, it's a big area. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

You keep saying "our area" like everybody on this board lives in Queens. There are many posters on this board who are north and west of the city and will have significant impacts from this storm. I've watched the city and Long Island get a foot of snow while I'm sucking virga in hudson valley, so guess what, it's a big area. 

If you believe most guidance even many people NW wont see much before 01-02Z

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

It goes above freezing to Binghamton. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ericjcrash said:

Binghamton isn't part of this sub forum. My point is its unfavorable all the way up there.

Explain to me what is unfavorable about a foot of snow even if it changes to rain for a brief period Sunday morning. Nobody in this forum is expecting an all snow event but it remains pretty clear that areas north and west will be significantly impacted by a mixture of snow, sleet, and icing. 

Just now, HeadInTheClouds said:

Explain to me what is unfavorable about a foot of snow even if it changes to rain for a brief period Sunday morning. Nobody in this forum is expecting an all snow event but it remains pretty clear that areas north and west will be significantly impacted by a mixture of snow, sleet, and icing. 

namconus_asnowd_neus_15.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Upton just hoisted flash flood watches for the coast, NYC, LI Southern CT etc

We'll take the rain this time but one big blizzard will make up for it...i think we will have some decent chances for a good snow event in the next few weeks...but a flash flood watch in mid january does suck..

Winter Storm Warning

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service New York NY
306 PM EST Sat Jan 19 2019

CTZ005-NJZ002-103-NYZ067>070-200500-
/O.CON.KOKX.WS.W.0001.000000T0000Z-190120T2300Z/
Northern Fairfield-Western Passaic-Western Bergen-Orange-Putnam-
Rockland-Northern Westchester-
306 PM EST Sat Jan 19 2019

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation. Additional snow accumulations
  of 4 to 7 inches and ice accumulations of one tenth to locally four
  tenths of an inch.

* WHERE...Portions of northeast New Jersey, southern Connecticut
  and southeast New York.

* WHEN...Until 6 PM EST Sunday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Hazardous travel is expected with roads
  becoming snow and ice covered. Gusty winds, snow, and ice
  accumulation may bring down tree limbs and power lines.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow, sleet
and ice will make travel very hazardous or impossible.

Check local Department of Transportation information services for
the latest road conditions.

&&

$$