Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 19-20th Winter Storm Threat

Rjay

7 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

This is exactly why everyone needs to convert to solar and be in control of your own power (well the sun is but at least there is no middleman lol.)

We are part of an excellent Susse Rural Electric Cooperative (SREC). Our location is excellent for solar.  They wont support solar-not worth it for SREC!  IE... we do better without. Also, we don't have electric heat-   rely on propane.  So while I agree in principal (solar).... there are reasons for not choosing.  Zero in Wantage at 513A and wind chill 19 below at 740' MSL - thats lower elevations for this area of northern Sussex County.   Max gust so far, 37 MPH at 7P last night. 

Weather the last 10 years is like going to a baseball game.  Something new happens every time.  The odds of me witnessing another lunar eclipse in < 10 degree below windchill are probably pretty low.

Down to 6 in the past hour here.   The disparity between the temps here and the temps N&W seems less than I'm used to.

• Confused 1

-2 low, a couple of local stations hit -4. Thankfully the wind never really got going here but it was enough to creat some scary ice falls and bring down more branches. When I'd open the door it sounded like a bull in a china shop as everything was shattering and snapping. My yard looks like a war zone with 2 trees down and broken branches and pieces everywhere.

2 hours ago, coastalplainsnowman said:

Weather the last 10 years is like going to a baseball game.  Something new happens every time.  The odds of me witnessing another lunar eclipse in < 10 degree below windchill are probably pretty low.

Down to 6 in the past hour here.   The disparity between the temps here and the temps N&W seems less than I'm used to.

It’s likely because the howling NW winds prevented radiational cooling there, but helped the city cool down by bringing in air not affected by the heat island

On 1/20/2019 at 10:24 PM, Stormlover74 said:

Starts in 10 minutes but not totality until 12:12

Totality was from 11:41 pm to 12:43 am but midpoint of the eclipse was at 12:12.  Funny thing is a transformer blew outside and my lights went out 30 min before the eclipse haha, actually made the eclipse even more dramatic as the moon was exceptionally bright before the eclipse and everything was bathed in a ghostly white light.

19 hours ago, gravitylover said:

-2 low, a couple of local stations hit -4. Thankfully the wind never really got going here but it was enough to creat some scary ice falls and bring down more branches. When I'd open the door it sounded like a bull in a china shop as everything was shattering and snapping. My yard looks like a war zone with 2 trees down and broken branches and pieces everywhere.

you were lucky not to have the wind the power went out here right before the eclipse (made it more dramatic) when a transformer blew right on the street and people were screaming.  The winds were consistently gusting to 50 mph last night (steady at 40 mph) and all day today and even early this evening.

• Like 1