Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 19-20th Winter Storm Threat

Rjay

11 hours ago, wdrag said:

Correct   2mi from the Appalachians Trail.  Beautiful here... but when power goes out, and trees need to be cleared.... its a problem. Last March it didn't get below 31F in those multi day outages, so homes could maintain enough heat to prevent pipes bursting.  Tonight, if power is out and there is no safe heating of the home, especially windward walls...there will be major consequences.  I'm pretty sure it will get down to -1F at our home in Wantage at sunrise Monday, with wind chill 20-30below.  NYC in a way lucky no snow cover.  btw, I think 1/21 will be coldest mean temperature here in nw Nj and ne PA since Feb 13, 2016 Later, Walt

This is exactly why everyone needs to convert to solar and be in control of your own power (well the sun is but at least there is no middleman lol.)

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, bluewave said:

Looks  like the low is hugging the warm front right along the South Shore with JFK up to 46. This has to be one of the biggest coastal hugger track patterns from the fall into mid winter.

Did JFK hit 50? The last I saw they were at 49 and the next time I looked they were down to 41.

• Confused 1

7.7 degrees.

It's amazing that on January 20th my low of 4.8 on November 23rd is still, for at least a few hours, my low for the season. It just shows how cold that air mass was.

If the heat Island can't beat the 15 from November 23rd something is seriously wrong, but I wouldn't rule out it not happening either.