Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 19-20th Winter Storm Threat

Rjay

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

? It's true. Could've easily had major widespread issues. Haven't really seen anyone here report more than .3" of accretion. With the amount of precip by in large most people got lucky.

Hes already posted about numerous trees down, power outages, and other weather related issues. You literally replied to him with “disaster averted”. Its the exact opposite of “true”. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

? It's true. Could've easily had major widespread issues. Haven't really seen anyone here report more than .3" of accretion. With the amount of precip by in large most people got lucky.

.3 with the wind coming up, a couple of inches of slush about to turn into a solid block, it's still raining pretty hard and the temps are dropping are the ingredients for the recipe for disaster. This rain/storm cancel trolling BS is really annoying. 

4 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

.3 with the wind coming up, a couple of inches of slush about to turn into a solid block, it's still raining pretty hard and the temps are dropping are the ingredients for the recipe for disaster. This rain/storm cancel trolling BS is really annoying. 

While granted I might be minimizing a bit a couple posters IMO are over stating the impacts. Yeah it's a bit rough but it's the HV .3" of accretion really isn't a big deal. Some branches surely snapped and there are localized power outages but some people make this out to be a crippling ice storm. 

2 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

While granted I might be minimizing a bit a couple posters IMO are over stating the impacts. Yeah it's a bit rough but it's the HV .3" of accretion really isn't a big deal. Some branches surely snapped and there are localized power outages but some people make this out to be a crippling ice storm. 

Havent seen any single person claim that. I have, however, seen people who live 80 miles south doing the exact opposite in an attempt to be correct. If you want to call someone out for wrong obs, dont be passive aggressive. Post your proof or move on. 

I had to set a few people straight on Facebook today. Just because the storm wasn’t significant for your backyard doesn’t mean it wasn’t a significant or even serious storm for others. Meteorology is a thankless profession where people only notice when you’re wrong. Forecasting snow has to be one of the toughest tasks that exists in the professional world.

3 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Havent seen any single person claim that. I have, however, seen people who live 80 miles south doing the exact opposite in an attempt to be correct. If you want to call someone out for wrong obs, dont be passive aggressive. Post your proof or move on. 

I completely agree with the .3" report. Not denying that and actually expected more. Central Hudson currently reporting ~500 customers affected. Per their outage map.

8 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

You're kidding right? I've got trees falling, 2 ton branches falling and a tangled mess of isht in my yard. An 80 footer a few feet from my (dead end) corner went down about 20 minutes ago and is partially blocking the street. It's getting real out there man and people are going to have problems and get hurt especially if the power goes out and we go to 0*.

Just now, gravitylover said:

You're kidding right? I've got trees falling, 2 ton branches falling and a tangled mess of isht in my yard. An 80 footer a few feet from my (dead end) corner went down about 20 minutes ago and is partially blocking the street. It's getting real out there man and people are going to have problems and get hurt especially if the power goes out and we go to 0*.

Well I guess you got hit particularly hard. Pictures would obviously help us "coasites" understand the devastation. 

27 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

The trolling from the coasties was over the top this storm. We won’t forget the next time Long Island gets buried while us inlanders smoke cirrus.

In my part of the coastal plain we don't do well when the Monmouth Cty coast and LI do well. Just inland from Raritan Bay and the Arthur Kill. we usually get less for some reason. Once in awhile we jackpot. Jan 2016 and Boxing Day were examples, as was late Jan 2011. And I get nothing but criticism from folks in those areas telling me I'm getting lots of snow when i can look out my window and see what is happening in real time for myself.