• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 19-20th Winter Storm Threat

Rjay

Switched to freezing rain about 10:45.  Had 2.5" snow before changeover.

Currently moderate freezing rain and 30.2 degrees.  Just on the edge of

stark temperature gradient.  Just 15-20 miles to my northwest temperatures are in

the low 20's with freezing rain.  Starting to think ZR potential might of been underestimated by some

over NW NJ, especially Sussex county.  Tree and power line issues could big problem come daybreak.

See no obvious reason at the moment for temperatures to spike north of 80 and west of 287.

Temperatures here have been very steady last few hours.  I hope the worst of the ZR stays to my NW.

Don't want to be w/o heat with the coming cold.  Already some decent icicles forming on deck railing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/exper/?parms=continental-conus-09-96-1-25-1&checked=map-mslp-glm_flash&colorbar=lst

LP moving into E PA and HP retreating NE. Looks as if my ship has in fact sunk.

I will eat my crow, and lots of it

@Ericjcrash as I said I would: Nice call on rain for nyc and LI.

It was pretty obvious for a few days now down here. The fact Liberty is already mixing just goes to show the immense warming aloft despite the low level cold which far NW has been impressive. 

It was pretty obvious for a few days now down here. The fact Liberty is already mixing just goes to show the immense warming aloft despite the low level cold which far NW has been impressive. 
Yeah. I just believed that the cold air would be strong enough to lead a non phasing storm to want to follow the temp gradient across the Cumberland gap towards the delmarva. As I noted on another board, in the loop I posted, you can see the attempt to bend toward the VA area and then close up and shoot NE.

That being said, the warmth is most definitely impressive. I will go over this storm and learn from it and hopefully be better prepared for others like it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MANDA said:

Switched to freezing rain about 10:45.  Had 2.5" snow before changeover.

Currently moderate freezing rain and 30.2 degrees.  Just on the edge of

stark temperature gradient.  Just 15-20 miles to my northwest temperatures are in

the low 20's with freezing rain.  Starting to think ZR potential might of been underestimated by some

over NW NJ, especially Sussex county.  Tree and power line issues could big problem come daybreak.

See no obvious reason at the moment for temperatures to spike north of 80 and west of 287.

Temperatures here have been very steady last few hours.  I hope the worst of the ZR stays to my NW.

Don't want to be w/o heat with the coming cold.  Already some decent icicles forming on deck railing.

20 degree something temps holding strong over northern Sussex County at this hour. We always knew this was going to be the battleline...

temperature720 (3).png